Does Pacifism Work?

Does Pacifism Work - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 12th Sep, 2008 - 7:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2006 - 1:22am / Post ID: #

Does Pacifism Work?
A Friend

Does Pacifism Work?

How can you be a pacifist in the face of brutality? What would the world be like if Hitlers enemies were pacifists? This is a subject I am very conflicted on. Without the wars my forefathers fought how could I live in this great country. When I pray my father tells me the answer is pacifism. How can that work in the real world?

Sponsored Links:
15th Jul, 2006 - 2:55am / Post ID: #

Work Pacifism Does

I don't believe that pacifism can work. Ghandi didn't use pacifism to accomplish his work, he used dynamic nonviolence. I don't know of any time where real pacifism has worked.

Even nonviolence will only work on a very small portion of the world's population. Ghandi was successful ONLY because he used his methods against British occupation. If anyone tried what he did against Saudi Arabian policies, they would simply DIE, without a single thought of remorse.

Nonviolence will work against the US, Canada, Australia, Britain, possibly Germany, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, and the Norse countries. It is pretty much a lost cause in Russia or any of her client states. It might work in Japan, but I doubt it. It has been proven to be a total failure in China. There is not a chance that it will work against ANY Arab/Muslim country. I strongly doubt that it would work anywhere on the African continent.

Only where there is a HUGE respect for life will nonviolence work to solve problems. In those parts of the world where life is not held in high regard, it accomplishes nothing but the deaths of those using nonviolence.

Pacifism is an invitation for violence from the monsters that walk among us. It is seen as weakness by predators, racists, dictators, and others for whom strength justifies all actions. It is seen as strength only by those who put the welfare of other individuals high in their priorities.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Post Date: 18th Jul, 2006 - 2:55am / Post ID: #

Does Pacifism Work?
A Friend

Does Pacifism Work? History & Civil Business Politics

Pacifism is a pipe dream that may work in some situations but not most. Ghandi preached non-violence against a country that would not slaughter innocent unarmed people who simply refused to obey their occupational law. But in most cases, that behavior simply gets you killed. Think about most countries that have changed including the US, violence just became a necessity. Even against the UK, the US eventually had to violently break away. The reason for this is that most people only understand violence. Its the reason that revolutions are rarely non-violent, if ever. People in power will not usually submit to the will off the peoples and will force their hand with military force thus deciding the fate of the country at that moment.

12th Sep, 2008 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

Work Pacifism Does

This is what Ghandi said about the fight against Nazism and pacifism.

You want to kill Nazism. Your soldiers are doing the same work of destruction as the Germans. The only difference is that perhaps yours are not as thorough as the Germans ... I venture to present you with a nobler and a braver way, worthy of the bravest soldiers. I want you to fight Nazism without arms or ... with non-violent arms. I would like you to lay down the arms you have as being useless for saving you or humanity. You will invite Herr Hitler and Signor Mussolini to take what they want of the countries you call your possessions. Let them take possession of your beautiful island, with your many beautiful buildings. You will give all these but neither your souls, nor your minds. If these gentlemen choose to occupy your homes, you will vacate them. If they do not give you free passage out, you will allow yourself, man, woman and child, to be slaughtered, but you will refuse to owe allegiance to them ... I am telling His Excellency the Viceroy that my services are at the disposal of His Majesty's Government, should they consider them of any practical use in advancing the object of my appeal.

This kind of Pacifism is pure evil and will result in the most violent of the world, destroying true peace loving people of the world.

True pacifists are the most evil of people and make me sick, if they let the truly innocent die under the sword of the evil, without fighting back.

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 109 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.9%

12th Sep, 2008 - 7:24pm / Post ID: #

Work Pacifism Does

That is a very strong quote from Ghandi. I agree it would end up with no good people left as the others would just over run all.

I think extremes are never the right, the answer has to be a balance between passiveness and military might.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

> TOPIC: Does Pacifism Work?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,