Palin leaves open option of war with Russia

Palin Leaves Open Option War Russia - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 12th Sep, 2008 - 4:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Politics News
Post Date: 11th Sep, 2008 - 10:42pm / Post ID: #

Palin leaves open option of war with Russia (AP)
Political News

US Republican vice presidential candidate Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, speaks during a rally in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, September 9, 2008. (Tim Shaffer/Reuters)AP - Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin left open the option Thursday of waging war with Russia if it were to invade neighboring Georgia and the former Soviet republic were a NATO ally.

Source: Yahoo! News: Politics News

Sponsored Links:
12th Sep, 2008 - 3:08am / Post ID: #

Russia war option open leaves Palin

I mentioned something on this HERE. Maybe she is trying to appeal to those who like to go to war with everyone that threads on an ally, but as an election tactic I do not thing the average US citizen wants to hear more about war or going back to a cold war era. Any thoughts?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 12th Sep, 2008 - 2:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Palin leaves open option of war with Russia History & Civil Business Politics

If we go to war with Russia it will be the start of WWIII. This will bring a lot of destruction to the world we live in today. If that happens I know we will be pushed backwards to sticks and stones mostly.

12th Sep, 2008 - 4:42pm / Post ID: #

Russia war option open leaves Palin

She was very careful with that answer.
Her first words were perhaps(meaning there may be other options, not a definite yes), and I tend to agree with her on this point

"Perhaps so. I mean, that is the agreement when you are a NATO ally, is if another country is attacked, you're going to be expected to be called upon and help."

Would an answer of "no we would not honour our commitment to our Nato Allies and not help in any way" been better. That answer would have been weak and tantamount to throwing away the ideals of standing by your friends.

Obama answer might have been "We would not want to provoke our Russian Friends, so we should not allow the Ukraine and Georgia into Nato to maintain a balance of power. Peace and our good standing in the world is more important then our obligations to our allies."

I trust a person more who will not take every option off the table, then one who would limit our country to never using military force after all other options have been utilized.

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 109 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.9%

> TOPIC: Palin leaves open option of war with Russia

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,