How Did Christ Die?

How Christ Die - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 25th Feb, 2007 - 12:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
9th Jun, 2005 - 3:58am / Post ID: #

How Did Christ Die?

There is research ongoing into the specific cause of Jesus' death. Some say he bled to death, but new research suggests that he had a pulmonary embolism.

Jesus died of blood clot, Israeli researcher says
Expert: Crucifixion caused pulmonary embolism, not fatal blood loss

""This fits well with Jesus" condition and actually was in all likelihood the major cause of death by crucifixion," he wrote in the article, based on religious and medical texts."

https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7279844/did/8139434/?GT1=6657

From what I understand from teachings from the Church, Christ gave up his life; he didn't just hang on the cross until his life slipped away, but consciously and willingly gave it up for us.

Sponsored Links:
11th Jun, 2005 - 8:29am / Post ID: #

Die Christ How

Mankind is forever looking for ideas and explanations to everything around them this is no different. I think about the reason that people gave when they were building the tower of babel, they wanted to get closer to god so they built a tower... we understand that to get closer to God it would be through prayer, scripture study etc. You are right. Jesus christ gave up his life willingly. It is interesting to read what other people have to say though but we are lucky to have the spirit to always confirm truth!

Post Date: 14th Sep, 2005 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

How Did Christ Die?
A Friend

How Did Christ Die? Studies Doctrine Mormon

If we look at the facts of Christs death, especially when the Roman Soldier pierced Christs side with a spear a mixture of blood and water came out. So going with facts and knowledge of modern understanding of the human heart Christ literally died of a broken heart.

10th Apr, 2006 - 4:52am / Post ID: #

Die Christ How

From what I understand from teachings from the Church, Christ gave up his life; he didn't just hang on the cross until his life slipped away, but consciously and willingly gave it up for us.

I agree. Christ willingly gave up His life. This makes perfect sense, really. If He hadn't had the power to do this, then He wouldn't have had the power to atone for all of our sins. Only He who could not have His life taken from Him, would have the ability to sacrifice His life for us.

10th Apr, 2006 - 5:08pm / Post ID: #

Die Christ How

While I agree very much with FarSeer spiritually, I thought that I'd seen something in Science and The Bible that said he'd died physically of dehydration? I could be incorrect, I always go with FarSeer's theory and take any other diagnosis secondary.

Post Date: 30th Jun, 2006 - 12:09am / Post ID: #

How Did Christ Die?
A Friend

How Did Christ Die?

He gave up his life, with Heavenly Father's permission (right?). He didn't die for our sins, but he suffered for them. I feel like correcting people who say "Jesus died for my sins" because it's an understatement. The suffering he went through was beyond anything a man could endure, and anybody could die for somebody else but they couldn't suffer the way he did. I don't understand why the whole world is suddenly into finding out the exact details of the bible and how everything precisely happened. It's like they're looking for an excuse to say "Oh, well if this little detail is wrong then the whole thing could be wrong." Just believe, and use the holy ghost to learn the whole truth.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Dec, 2006 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

How Did Christ Die?
A Friend

How Christ Die

Just FYI, James E. Talmage, in Jesus the Christ, states Jesus died from a broken heart. There is, obviously, a medical name and condition, but, as he states, it goes down to him dying of a broken heart.

JoJO

Post Date: 25th Feb, 2007 - 12:18pm / Post ID: #

How Did Christ Die?
A Friend

How Christ Die Mormon Doctrine Studies

dbclayton, I agree with the substance of what you're saying. However, in the Law of Moses, the sacrificial animals (rams, bullocks, doves, et al) didn't cleanse Israel of sin by suffering. It was only when their blood was spilled and their life was taken that the cleansing effect occured for those under the covenant. Jesus literally did die for our sins. Perhaps I'll start a new thread with my views on how his death, suffering and mercy/justice interact.

As for the broken heart debate...whether literal or symbolic, it does receive support from the scriptures, particularly the Messianic Psalm 69:20 which reads:

Reproach hath broken my heart; and I am full of heaviness: and I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: How Did Christ Die?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,