Anyone Except Dems And Republicans - Page 2 of 2

All I know is that I am a Independent and - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 5th Nov, 2008 - 7:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 2nd Nov, 2008 - 11:44pm / Post ID: #

Anyone Except Dems And Republicans
A Friend

Anyone Except Dems And Republicans - Page 2

I think it's the green party. I'm probably wrong, but it's the only independent party I ever hear of anymore.

Sponsored Links:
2nd Nov, 2008 - 11:47pm / Post ID: #

Republicans Dems Anyone

The green party? Just the name on its own sounds lame. If they're following the whole eco thing as their main push then I can see why they aren't part of the main stream vote.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 35 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.5%

Post Date: 3rd Nov, 2008 - 11:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Anyone Except Dems And Republicans History & Civil Business Politics

Yeah, it is Ralph Nader leading the Party. The only other Independent Political figure I know Is Bob Barr.

Post Date: 4th Nov, 2008 - 5:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 Republicans Dems Anyone

I would be interested in seeing just how many people are actually Independents. I think there are enough registered as independent that they could have their own person run for president and may actually give a good choice when we are limited to two real choices now.

4th Nov, 2008 - 8:49pm / Post ID: #

Republicans Dems Anyone

There were actually five or six choices on my ballot. Why do the other candidates receive absolutely NO media attention/media time whatsoever? It makes no sense at all.

Due to this completely unbalanced reporting, voting for any of the other choices is essentially a "throw away" vote. Absurd! So, in effect, the media itself is complicit in the DEM/GOP conspiracy to rule the country as corporate interests buy the White House. Anyone not willing to play along with these powerful behind-the-scenes interests will just not make headlines.

I'm hoping next election year that Ron Paul will get enough steam behind his campaign to actually make it past the primaries.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 5th Nov, 2008 - 3:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The reason most others do not get the coverage on their campaign is two fold.

1) They do not get money from any party or special interest group to see them get elected.

2) The press has its favorite candidate and they are not going to spend their time on those they do feel is important enough.

A good example of this is when Ross Perot ran. HE got a lot of air time as he was the medias favorite. While he did not win he caused a big enough drain on the republicans that the democrat walked away with the election. I voted for him that year.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Nov, 2008 - 7:02pm / Post ID: #

Anyone Dems Republicans - Page 2

Campaigning is costly and the big companies are backing to two winners. So unless you are bill gates and independent has very little chance of success. Green party here has some good ideas but yes they are the hippie bunch and will never get far. Though being able to grow a green crop in my back yard legally for illegal sell in the states might be cool. wink.gif

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Post Date: 5th Nov, 2008 - 7:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Anyone Dems Republicans Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

All I know is that I am a Independent and I do not see any real candidate running for office on the Independent ticket. I am sure there are many out there who like me would love to see a candidate worthy of winning the white house on the Independent ticket.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Anyone Except Dems And Republicans

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,