Obama, McCain blame economic woes on greed, policy

Obama Mccain Blame Economic Woes Greed Policy - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 16th Sep, 2008 - 3:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Politics News
Post Date: 15th Sep, 2008 - 10:42pm / Post ID: #

Obama, McCain blame economic woes on greed, policy (AP)
Political News

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill. greets supporters along the fence at the airport after a rally in Grand Junction, Colo., Monday, Sept. 15, 2008.  (AP Photo/Chris Carlson)AP - With chaos rocking financial markets, John McCain assailed "greed and corruption" on Wall Street and promised to clean it up, while Barack Obama blamed White House policies and said his opponent would only deliver more of the same.

Source: Yahoo! News: Politics News

Sponsored Links:
16th Sep, 2008 - 12:15am / Post ID: #

policy greed woes economic blame McCain Obama

I wonder.. could the same people paying for their campaigns be part of those corrupt polices they are referring to? ;sneaky:

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

16th Sep, 2008 - 5:12am / Post ID: #

Obama, McCain blame economic woes on greed, policy History & Civil Business Politics

laugh.gif You are quick on the draw, JB. Especially when the same corporations contribute to BOTH campaigns. That way, whoever wins owes them favors. It's really unfortunate that the US has come down to these two yahoos to choose between.

Why does no one mention the fact that the Federal Reserve Bank has a huge hand in how the markets are run? Who is making all the back room deals with these failed banks? Who is loaning the "money" to these "gangster bankers"? Who picks and chooses which banks will be bailed out and which will be allowed to fail? Why do the American people not stand up in outrage at this abuse of power and taxpayer dollars?!? It's infuriating.

There will be very little change in the White House no matter who is elected. It's all posturing, in my opinion. The president of the United States has very little actual power anymore.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

16th Sep, 2008 - 9:11am / Post ID: #

Ummm...greed and a nice helping of deregulation that allowed this financial screwup! This is almost a carbon copy of what we saw in the S&L failures about 30 years ago. Deregulation to allow the banks more room to do business, but more room was perverted to unrealistic levels and the game of hot potato came to a end. Once again, it is the US taxpayer that pays for the comfy parachutes for those big bosses. Oh yeah...some like Keating will be held up as a example and thrown in jail (NO DOUBT) about what they knew, what they did and when, but in the end...we will still hold that hot potato.

Not only is it who lent the money now...I want to know who exactly OK'd the deregulation. I want to know who got paid (government reps, companies execs and lobbyist). Let the media eat them, let them get raked over in court...turn them all into Little Keatings.

I must say though I did enjoy a quote from the CEO of Lehman as things were going down the drain. He threatened to basically beat the crap out of anyone that sold Lehman stock short from his upper level managers. I dont know...a beating from a guy for several million dollars...might have been worth it, because that stock is worthless today! Not to mention, you could always sue him after the beating and have made more!

The mortgage/investment industry will see "reregulation" after this bit of fun. That is one thing that will happen regardless of if you pull the lever for Obama or McCain.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 16th Sep, 2008 - 3:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I like how it is always the other persons or the other parties fault. It is never your own parties fault on any of this.

WAKE UP AMERICA!

It is these same stupid politicians who are in power and have all these special interest groups getting everything that they want to make our country as messed up as it is. We need to get the incumbents out and maybe some will start to see that we are serious when we say we want things to improve for us.

> TOPIC: Obama, McCain blame economic woes on greed, policy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,