Short-selling Stock Legal

Short-selling Stock Legal - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 19th Sep, 2008 - 6:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 19th Sep, 2008 - 1:04am / Post ID: #

Are there specific laws in your country to stop Short-selling Stock or is it legal?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Sep, 2008 - 2:37am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Legal Stock Short-selling

Yes it is. I have seen a few more regulations though. In a free market it is legal. I have noticed that the media is trying to blame short sellers for our financial woes.

It isn't the short sellers that cause this. If it does then it is on a small scale. Very small.

Rather off topic, but...
I am going fishing with a bud of mine that is in the investment business. I will ask him what he thinks about this if I remember. I think I am right. It may become illegal. Hmmmm that is a good question that has spurred other questions. I would rather just catch a fish, so I might forget to ask.

If I was going to deal with anyone on the net I would go with

DONHARROLD.NET

Rather off topic, but...
That is so Ironic. I have just posted on what he was talking about on another thread that I just saw, and got his message from my email to youtube. That is weird and I was right. I am turning into an instinctive economist. Yes, I did just toot my own horn.

Collective monkey theory anyone?

Reconcile Edited: Quasar on 19th Sep, 2008 - 3:02am

19th Sep, 2008 - 3:36am / Post ID: #

Short-selling Stock Legal History & Civil Business Politics

The UK is currently putting legislation in place to stop this practice, I do not know if it is legal or not in my own country as I'm not much into local stocks.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

19th Sep, 2008 - 3:59am / Post ID: #

I can only really see it shaking confidence in the economy rather than actually driving it. I see institutional buying and programmed sales shaking things up periodically moreso than this does. However, there is something that feels a bit dirty about profiting off of misfortune. It also makes you more suspicious of insider information than if you were in on a long position. I would be really interested in looking into the trades of the execs of these companies that are tanking to see if they or a layer below them played the short game to minimize personal losses.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 19th Sep, 2008 - 6:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

They stoped the short selling of 800 companies. I am not a short seller, but I think this is bull.

It really doesn't make any sense to me to do this is a free market. A free market... laugh.gif.

> TOPIC: Short-selling Stock Legal

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,