Mormon Members Targeted If They Don't Fit In

Mormon Members Targeted Don' T Fit In - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 21st Sep, 2008 - 1:05am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Ever feel like this?
20th Sep, 2008 - 10:43pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Members Targeted If They Don't Fit In

Targeted

Have you ever felt like you are being targeted because you just don't find what they are doing is exciting?

international QUOTE
The preacher was vexed because a certain member of his congregation always fell asleep during the sermon. As the man was snoring in the front row one Sunday, the preacher determined he would teach him not to sleep during the sermon. So, in a whisper, he asked the congregation. "All who want to go to heaven please rise."

Everyone got up except the snorer. After whispering "Be seated", the minister shouted at the top of his voiced, "All those who want to be with the devil, please rise." Awaking with a start, the sleepy-head jumped to his feet and saw the preacher standing tall and angry in the pulpit, "Well, sir," he said, "I don't know what we're voting on, but it looks like you and me are the only ones for it."

Sponsored Links:
21st Sep, 2008 - 1:05am / Post ID: #

In Fit Dont They Targeted Members Mormon

Yes, MANY times. I recall one day leaving Church with my family when one of the sisters who holds a presidency calling stopped us and asked us why we did not attend a certain activity. I don't recall what we said but she was quite upset because we don't attend activities generally (particularly the ones involving food there are some serious hygiene problems with the people) anyhow, she started ranting how we MUST attend the activities to socialize with the members and that we SHOULD NOT spend time with our family only. laugh.gif

I just laughed because it was the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. People just don't feel comfortable around you when you are not doing what they are doing or when you are plainly not interested. Most of the time, they assume you think you are better than them.

So yes, I feel targeted many times when people keep asking me why I don't make it to Church every Sunday (even though some of them know why) but they keep asking regardless.

> TOPIC: Mormon Members Targeted If They Don't Fit In

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,