Paraplegic Jailed For 10 Years

Paraplegic Jailed 10 Years - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 28th Sep, 2008 - 2:42am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 27th Sep, 2008 - 2:36am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Jail's the best place for my boy, says father

A father whose paraplegic son was jailed for 10 years yesterday says he is going to the right place.
Ref. Source 6

Sponsored Links:
27th Sep, 2008 - 4:34am / Post ID: #

Years Jailed Paraplegic

If you do the crime, you do the time. Why should an offender be immune from prosecution just because they have a disability or whatever? It is refreshing to see someone sentenced based upon their guilt and the seriousness of the crime. I often see criminals excused and instead sent to the the psych hospital for evaluation based upon a "history" of having some minor mental illness. These criminals have no deterrent or motivation to change because they know they will not be held accountable for their actions.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

27th Sep, 2008 - 8:13am / Post ID: #

Paraplegic Jailed For 10 Years History & Civil Business Politics

Well from how I read it, he didn't have the disability prior to the crime. It seems when they stopped he (the paraplegic) leveled a gun at the officer and then was shot. It sounds like BECAUSE of that gunshot he became a paraplegic.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 17 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.7%

Post Date: 27th Sep, 2008 - 2:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Years Jailed Paraplegic

I do not care how he became paraplegic just that he is punished for his crime. Like Alskann stated do not do the crime if you can not do the time. He did the crime so he must pay for it.

27th Sep, 2008 - 5:23pm / Post ID: #

Years Jailed Paraplegic

Exactly. There are consequences in this life for the choices we make. If everyone knew they would have to face the consequences that go along with their choices most people would think more before making a stupid choice and our society would be much better off.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

27th Sep, 2008 - 6:33pm / Post ID: #

I was NOT writing in his behalf, merely mentioning that he was not a paraplegic before the crime--but in consequence thereof.

I fully agree that he should have to pay for the crime. It was just an observation.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 17 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.7%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Sep, 2008 - 6:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Paraplegic Jailed 10 Years

Well he should not have pulled a gun on the police then if that is what caused him to be a paraplegic. He will have to pay for that mistake too.

28th Sep, 2008 - 2:42am / Post ID: #

Paraplegic Jailed 10 Years Politics Business Civil & History

QUOTE (AlaskanLDS @ 27-Sep 08, 1:33 PM)
I was NOT writing in his behalf,

For the record, I didn't think you were. smile.gif
I was glad you pointed this out. I have no pity for criminals injured during the commission of a violent crime. I do have compassion for his father. Even though he seems to realize his son deserves the sentence he still must be dying inside for his son and for what his son has become.

> TOPIC: Paraplegic Jailed For 10 Years

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,