Mormon Critics - Page 2 of 2

QUOTE (Isiah53 @ 5-Aug 09, 12:46 AM) We also - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 12th Jun, 2010 - 6:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Assumptions, genuine concerns or just paranoid?
5th Aug, 2009 - 12:46am / Post ID: #

Mormon Critics - Page 2

I think that is stereotyping to say that we are naive. I for one don't just fall for anyone that "looks the part".

A few years ago we had a member who started a pyramid busisness. He promised to make people rich. He was a well known member in the stake and he got practically his whole ward and several members in the stake to invest in his business. Well as these things go, he made millions, and practically his whole ward went broke. Many in the stake lost their 401ks, and thousands of dollars. Eventually the State attorney General got involved and the brother went to prison over it. I know many that lost a lot on this scam. They trusted him because he was LDS, some did not even know him personally. We also had a member of our Stake pres. here scam many members out of money. He is serving time in a federal prison for embezzlement. So yea I think that at least where I live, there is a problem. These people who lost thousands were smart professionals, not what I would call naive people.

Sponsored Links:
12th Jun, 2010 - 6:40pm / Post ID: #

Critics Mormon

international QUOTE (Isiah53 @ 5-Aug 09, 12:46 AM)
We also had a member of our Stake pres. here scam many members out of money. He is serving time in a federal prison for embezzlement. So yea I think that at least where I live, there is a problem. These people who lost thousands were smart professionals, not what I would call naive people.

Well they obviously werent very smart if they were victims of this scam you know what am I saying? Members trust others way too much, specially here in Utah, it's ridiculous. My approach is always of disbelief and a lot of people think I am not a member because of it.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Mormon Critics

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,