Should We Teach Our Teens How To Use A Condom?

Should Teach Teens Condom - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 1st May, 2009 - 10:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
27th Apr, 2009 - 5:55am / Post ID: #

I was at a business conference (during lunch) last week and a co-worker was telling me how she started teaching her 14 year old son how to use a condom. I stated that I wasn't going to teach any of my 6 boys how to use a Condom at all, and that I would teach them they should wait until marriage to have sex. Another co-worker let out one of the loudest laughs I have heard in a long time and she said " good luck with that" and she continued laughing until she realized I was serious.

Needless to say the rest of the lunch was a little quieter.

As Latter Day Saints should we teach our children how to use condoms when they are teenagers?

Sponsored Links:
27th Apr, 2009 - 11:55am / Post ID: #

Condom Use To Teens Teach Should

Of course not. If we do that, we are in fact telling them that the possibility of engaging in sexual relations before marriage is acceptable and it's not. It is sad to hear your co-worked laughed in that manner but I am not surprised.

27th Apr, 2009 - 11:06pm / Post ID: #

Should We Teach Our Teens How To Use A Condom? Studies Doctrine Mormon

If you do that you may as well just teach them how to have sex. What would any Latter-day Saint parent be doing teaching their teens about condoms is beyond logic.

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2009 - 12:10am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I will teach my teenage boys what they are, and why they're used. I'll teach them about the deception that they will encounter at school and in the media in regards to them. They already know about sex, and that it is exalting under the right conditions. I see no problem in candid discussions about the issue. I will not, however, teach them to keep on in their wallet, "just in case." laugh.gif That truly would be idiotic. That's my view on the matter.

28th Apr, 2009 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

TheQuietMan, thanks for your reply but you did not answer the main question which is if you would teach them how to use one.

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2009 - 2:59am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Oh... I'm sorry. An explaination of how they're used is indeed necessary to give a teenager understanding of why they're used, which I would not avoid. I will not demonstrate for them, though, if that's the core of what's being asked. It will be up to them to do if they choose to make use of them at some point in their lives. Does that answer the OP?

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: It is not necessary to quote the entire post of the user above you. See Constructive Posting Policy.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Apr, 2009 - 4:01am / Post ID: #

Should Teach Teens To Use Condom

QUOTE (dbackers @ 27-Apr 09, 5:55 AM)
As Latter Day Saints should we teach our children how to use condoms when they are teenagers?

As a LDS mother I will one day have that talk with my daughter just before she is married, I doubt she will be a teenager. Before that I will talk with my teenage daughter about the law of chastity which does not include how to use condoms but it does include avoiding sex, sexual promiscuity and anything like it.

1st May, 2009 - 10:13pm / Post ID: #

Should Teach Teens To Use Condom Mormon Doctrine Studies

No! Teaching ABOUT something is not the same as HOW TO use it.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Should We Teach Our Teens How To Use A Condom?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,