First-graders Surprise Lesbian Teacher On Wedding

- Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 14th Oct, 2008 - 6:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Unusual "field" trip
14th Oct, 2008 - 3:08am / Post ID: #

First-graders Surprise Lesbian Teacher On Wedding

What would you say if I told you a group of children who are six years old were taken to a "field" trip which consisted in attending the wedding of their lesbian teacher.

A group of San Francisco first-graders took an unusual field trip to City Hall on Friday to toss rose petals on their just-married lesbian teacher - putting the public school children at the center of a fierce election battle over the fate of same-sex marriage.

The 18 Creative Arts Charter School students took a Muni bus and walked a block at noon to toss rose petals and blow bubbles on their just-married teacher Erin Carder and her wife Kerri McCoy, giggling and squealing as they mobbed their teacher with hugs.

Mayor Gavin Newsom, a friend of a friend, officiated.

A parent came up with the idea for the field trip - a surprise for the teacher on her wedding day.

"She's such a dedicated teacher," said the school's interim director Liz Jaroslow.

But there was a question of justifying the field trip academically. Jaroflow decided she could.

"It really is what we call a teachable moment," Jaroflow said, noting the historic significance of same-sex marriage and related civil rights issues. "I think I'm well within the parameters."

Sponsored Links:
14th Oct, 2008 - 6:44pm / Post ID: #

Wedding Teacher Lesbian Surprise First-graders

To me this is a disturbing trend. We as a society are indoctrinating our children to accept behavior that has never been acceptable by society. As a societal barometer this to me is a symptom of a dieing patient.

If adults want to participate in this activity, I could see an argument for this, but to teach children that it is a socially accepted union is an affront to the parental right to choose how their children are being taught.

This kind of thing, in my opinion, is a small slice of what is to come. I am afraid that my children will be forced to first tolerate this behavior, then accept, and finally embrace. This is a fight in America that is going to polarize those who want to have certain social mores and those that think all actions are acceptable.

There is going to be no middle ground soon.

Reconcile Edited: dbackers on 14th Oct, 2008 - 6:47pm

> TOPIC: First-graders Surprise Lesbian Teacher On Wedding

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,