Woman Stoned To Death

Woman Stoned Death - Studies of Islam - Posted: 5th Nov, 2008 - 5:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 28th Oct, 2008 - 10:35am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Woman Stoned To Death

Somali woman executed by stoning

A woman in Somalia is stoned to death after an Islamic Sharia law court finds her guilty of adultery.
Ref. Source 7

Sponsored Links:
28th Oct, 2008 - 4:58pm / Post ID: #

Death Stoned Woman

I find it interesting that it was MEN who performed the execution. I have never heard of ANYONE committing adultery without at least a second party involved. Where is the adulterer and HIS accusers? Things like this just make my blood boil.

Post Date: 28th Oct, 2008 - 5:41pm / Post ID: #

Woman Stoned To Death
A Friend

Woman Stoned To Death Islam Studies

It is a different society over there. Women are still second class citizens in most of those places. I know it does not make something like this right but there is not much we can do about getting it changed right now.

28th Oct, 2008 - 8:31pm / Post ID: #

Death Stoned Woman

I know its a different world. In fact when I read the news story I was thinking the reason this woman chose to accept her fate the traditional way was to draw attention to the inequalities and ludicrous mentality of some of their archaic laws and traditions. (Not all of their traditions are a bad thing, but this one tops the list.)

Post Date: 29th Oct, 2008 - 6:14pm / Post ID: #

Woman Stoned To Death
A Friend

Death Stoned Woman

I agree that this is something that needs to be changed. I know it hurts very much to be stoned. I can not imagine the pain of being stoned to death, I know I do not want to be stoned again. I hope someday we can change some of the ways they treat women over there.

Post Date: 29th Oct, 2008 - 9:00pm / Post ID: #

Woman Stoned To Death
A Friend

Woman Stoned To Death

Well that will teach her. She wont be committing adultery again.

Seriously though, as disturbing as this is it is still none of our business. We should try to influence them not to do these sorts of things.

I wonder what they say about us. Something like "their women are way out of line. They don't get stoned or beaten or anything".

I think the lord was the best advocate for this sort of behavior and spreading christianity by influence and not force is the best way to go about it.

What would you do if you saw something like this going on? I have to say that I might do nothing at all, unless I knew her. But the lord stepped in on an occasion like this and "said he who is without sin cast the first stone". Can you imagine stepping into an angry crowd to deliver this reasoning. That is a tough act to follow.

Reconcile Edited: Quasar on 29th Oct, 2008 - 9:03pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Oct, 2008 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

Woman Stoned Death

You are right they do need to be taught differently Quasar but not a easy path.

Post Date: 5th Nov, 2008 - 5:19pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Woman Stoned Death Studies Islam

Stoning victim 'begged for mercy'

A young woman stoned to death in Somalia pleaded for her life, a witness tells the BBC, while two men are flogged in Mogadishu.
Ref. Source 4

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Woman Stoned To Death

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,