Woman Stoned To Death - Page 3 of 3

Name: Lilah Comments: How can anyone accept - Page 3 - Studies of Islam - Posted: 26th Feb, 2010 - 6:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 16th Dec, 2009 - 5:19pm / Post ID: #

Woman Stoned To Death
A Friend

Woman Stoned To Death - Page 3

I think that the Bible and the Qur'an have a lot in common and I would love to explore this with you. I believe that even in the bible one was to be stoned. I believe that both books have used this and some places still use this punishment of stoning.

Sponsored Links:
19th Dec, 2009 - 12:33pm / Post ID: #

Death Stoned Woman

To KNtoran:the verdicts in Islam only takes place in Islamic- ruled society and performed by the authorities not by anyone who just feels like it,in Islamic-ruled society the internal affairs of non muslim like Christians or Jewish are being judged according to their laws which will be according to Bible or Turah like marital situations and in reagarding to adultery which could be committed by non-muslim I personlly don't know if they will be treated according to their own laws or the general Islamic law in Islamic society.
The genersal Islamic laws that has to be applied to everyone in Islamic-ruled society even non-muslims will be including things like theft, murder among others of course.
And of course I'd like to discuss anything with you or any other person here on the site wants to as long as I know information about the matter,after all that's the main point of having International discussions,and you are right Qur'an and Bible do have some things in common.

Post Date: 19th Dec, 2009 - 4:30pm / Post ID: #

Woman Stoned To Death
A Friend

Woman Stoned To Death Islam Studies

Ok I think your saying that only those who practice Islam and found to be guilty of adultery are the ones who are subject to a stoning?

If the law if the land is Islamic and one if there visiting from aanothercountry and they commit adultery will they not be punished the same as anyone else in the country? If they are to be tried and punished according to Christian or Jewish law who states what that punishment will be. Plus how many people will see that a Christian or a Jewish person is treated differently and would wish to change their religion to get a more favored judgement?

19th Dec, 2009 - 10:35pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Death Stoned Woman

Actually what I was saying earlier that I don't know exactly if the adultery verdict will apply to general laws of the state of Islam or apply to the specific rules of non-muslims,so I did some extra research for you.

In Quran God says:

international QUOTE
"[5:43]...If, then, they come to thee for judgment, judge between them or turn aside from them. And if thou turn aside from them, they cannot harm thee at all. And if thou judge, judge between them with justice. Surely, Allah loves those who are just."
"[5:44] And how will they make thee their judge when they have with them the Torah, wherein is Allah's judgment? Yet, in spite of that they turn their backs; and certainly they will not believe."
"[5:48] And let the People of the Gospel judge according to what Allah has revealed therein, and whoso judges not by what Allah has revealed, these it is who are the rebellious."
"[5:49] And We have revealed unto thee the Book comprising the truth and fulfilling that which was revealed before it in the Book, and as a guardian over it. Judge, therefore, between them by what Allah has revealed, and follow not their evil inclinations, turning away from the truth which has come to thee. For each of you We prescribed a clear spiritual Law and a manifest way in secular matters. And if Allah had enforced His will, He would have made you all one people, but He wishes to try you by that which He has given you. Vie, then, with one another in good works. To Allah shall you all return; then will He inform you of that wherein you differed."
The explanation of these verses has been alittle tiring for me because there are different opinions.

The first verse I put here it's about two jewish who committed fornication and the jewish living in Madina wanted the prophet to judge because they had their differences about the problem as they said they should be stoned while the family of one of the sinners said you before didn't approve the stonning of a man who fornicated because he was a relative of someone important and they ordered less verdict saying it's in Turah and now they want to stone this one!
So,they asked the prophet Muhammed to judge and he asked them what's in Turah? and they said the less verdict[lying to him] then he asked him who knows the most in the jews and they referred someone to him and he insisted on him asking him what's in Turah and he finally said they they get stoned so the prophet Muhammed judged with the stonning verdict according to their rules,and this verse was addressed to the prophet Muhammed telling him that if they asked for his judgement then he has the right to leave this up to him and not to get involved or to judge by justice and by what's their book"which was Turah in this case" originally said.

The difference in opinions is actually concerning the last verse I put because some say it deletes the verdict of the first one making it just a readable verse but not taken by it's verdict as it was latter thaen the first one, and that the prophet must judge between them by the verdicts that are in Quran,and the others say that the two verses actually go with each other and it doesn't delete the first one in verdict.
And I know this has been a very long post but I did ALOT of research to try to sum it up and I basically transferred here what some big Muslim clerics said about this matter and here ends my knowledge of this and I will post again if I had any more information about it.

And about guilty Muslims that could wish changing their religion to get away with it I don't think they would be truely beleiving in Islam and as I mentioned before most of the carried out stonnings were for Muslims who CONFESSEED because they hoped that God will forgive them for the sin they have done,and honestly for the proven adultery to have four witnesses saying the actual act clearly and dsitinct.. That's not just someone committing adultery that's someone not caring at all and that's my opinion.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use the Quote Tags here. When you do not use these tags source material that is not your own may appear to be yours when it is not. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

Post Date: 26th Feb, 2010 - 6:26pm / Post ID: #

Death Stoned Woman

Name: Lilah

Comments: How can anyone accept this as a correct form of punishment? Are we in prehistoric times? Religion tends to change as people become more intelligent and civil. We live in an age where men are trying to land on Mars and we are still stoning people? Honestly, Islam needs to out grow her more 'primitive' beliefs if Islam is going to really go beyond the Middle East and people just born to it rather than converted.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Woman Stoned To Death

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,