Boy, 8, Fatally Shoots Self With Uzi At Gun Show

Boy 8 Fatally Shoots Uzi Gun Show - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 28th Oct, 2008 - 5:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th Oct, 2008 - 7:13am / Post ID: #

WESTFIELD, Mass. (AP) -- With an instructor watching, an 8-year-old boy at a gun fair aimed an Uzi at a pumpkin and pulled the trigger as his dad reached for a camera.

It was his first time shooting a fully automatic machine gun, and the recoil of the weapon was too much for him. He lost control and fatally shot himself in the head.

Now gun safety experts - and some gun enthusiasts at the club where the shooting happened - are wondering why such a young child was allowed to fire a weapon used in war. Local, state and federal authorities are also investigating whether everyone involved had proper licenses or if anyone committed a criminal act.
Source 1

What were these people thinking allowing an 8-year-old to handle this type of weapon? Perhaps his father is in shock but his comments sound like he has no clue of his own culpability in allowing this to happen. It is terrible this boy was killed but they are lucky no others were hurt in the process.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Oct, 2008 - 3:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Show Gun Uzi With Shoots Fatally Boy

I have taken my kids out and let them fire a weapon. I always was right with them and had my hands helping them fire the weapon so they would and no one else would be in danger. To allow a 8 year old to fire a fully automatic weapon with noone right there to help him control it was potentially very dangerous not to himself but everyone else around. I believe that the father and the instructor should held accountable for what happened there. They did everything wrong in this case.

28th Oct, 2008 - 5:01pm / Post ID: #

Boy, 8, Fatally Shoots Self With Uzi At Gun Show History & Civil Business Politics

I have taken my kids, when they were younger, to family day with the National Guard. They had automatic weapons set up that the kids could shoot. But like you said - there was ALWAYS someone right there to help and to make sure they could handle it. All safety precautions were made. There is no sane reason why this child had to die.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

28th Oct, 2008 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #

Show Gun Uzi With Shoots Fatally Boy

I agree it was plain carelessness. My son has been to the tank range and shot different assault rifles. The Sargent was right there walking them through it holding the rifle for recoil. Not automatic weapons were allowed to be fired as they were too dangerous.

There should be charges laid especially on the people who supplied the weapon with out proper procedures in place. A real tragedy Christmas will never be the same for this family.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

> TOPIC: Boy, 8, Fatally Shoots Self With Uzi At Gun Show

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,