Pres. Barack Obama & The Future Of Parenting

Pres Barack Obama Future Parenting - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 12th Nov, 2008 - 6:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 5th Nov, 2008 - 3:08am / Post ID: #

Do you think there will be some drastic changes in the way parenting is handled in the USA under Pres. Barack Obama?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Nov, 2008 - 6:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Parenting Future and Obama Barack Pres

I definitely feel that there will be some drastic changes effecting parenting when Barack Obama is president. He wants to focus on Early Childhood Education, in particular a universal pre-school system. He wants to quadruple the funds for HeadStart and also provide affordable, high quality child care from children ages 0 to 5. Now, I understand the need for day care systems for families where both parents work and for single parents. I feel that the mothers and fathers should choose how their child/children are taken care of while they are away. The government should have no control on this issue. If you need to work, it is your responsibility to pay for your child to be cared for. If I had to go to work (luckily I am able to stay at home and raise my children--thank you dbackers), the most difficult decision for me would be choosing the best place for my child. Who do you trust with your most valuable possessions (your children)? First and foremost, I would consider family and friends where my child would receive love, attention, and one and one care. I do not feel the government should impose or pay for where I choose to send my child. I do not want a mandated pre-school. I feel I am perfectly capable and qualified to teach my children at home. I know my alphabet, shapes, colors, and can read. I am the mother, and it is my job to care for my young child. I feel Barack Obama has good intentions with his Early Childhood plan, but is taking responsibility away from parents. It is our job as parents to care for and teach our young children. Why should taxpayers have to foot the bill.
Source 1

Post Date: 12th Nov, 2008 - 6:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Pres. Barack Obama & The Future Of Parenting Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

If he wants to change how our children are raised and early development then he should do something with the economy that forces both parents to work just to make ends meet. It would make better sense having a family getting by on just one income. I doubt that that is going to happen though.

> TOPIC: Pres. Barack Obama & The Future Of Parenting

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,