Bible Reading In 2008

Bible Reading 2008 - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 2nd Jan, 2008 - 4:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
6th Dec, 2007 - 1:26pm / Post ID: #

Bible Reading In 2008

I have set a time table to read the entire Bible in 2008 from start to finish. Anyone else want to join me in this goal?

Sponsored Links:
6th Dec, 2007 - 2:39pm / Post ID: #

Reading Bible

Yes, I would! I know that I don't read nearly enough of the Bible, and have never read it completely cover to cover.
Please let me know what your plans are, and for covering the reading throughout 2008.
Best wishes, Diane.

9th Dec, 2007 - 12:09am / Post ID: #

Bible Reading In 2008 Revealed Bible The

No set plan except to start Genesis 1:1 on 1/1/2008. If you join me then we can use here to report how we do? How does that sound?

9th Dec, 2007 - 1:05pm / Post ID: #

Reading Bible

Sounds good thanks, and it's also a lovely start to the New year!
All the best, Diane.

11th Dec, 2007 - 4:12pm / Post ID: #

Reading Bible

I hope this is not to intrusive but have you given thought to doing a more srtuctured effort to ensure that you are accountable to each other. I would like to join in on this quest also. Could we say post here what scripture to be read then we could give us the time to read it then have a question or thought time on it? I think given there is 66 books in the bible a two year plan or just shy of that might be good. Say one book every week. so week one read Genesis then week to discus it while reading the next book. Does this sound interesting to you DianeC and Saved?

I am sure we would get some great comments from our more studious members here and some great clarification on each book. (just A thought I have not delved into the sight to see if such a thread already exists.) Be nice to start fresh on the Jan 1 though. Might be wise also to have it on the Mature boards for some of the topics as it is done.

11th Dec, 2007 - 4:21pm / Post ID: #

Bible Reading In 2008

Although I am not joining you good folks in this quest for next year I just wanted to point out that a great way for you to measure your progress is to use the My Goals feature. This allows you to both put your goal, which in this case is Bible Reading 2008 and show publicly your progress?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Dec, 2007 - 10:58pm / Post ID: #

Bible Reading 2008

If there's quite a few of us all with the same target, I think that would be great to help each other along.
Krakyn's thoughts sound good too, if we concentrate on one book every week, then we're not going to be too far over the year mark before we get finished, especially as some of the books are fairly short.
I've just had a look at the 'my goals' at least that way we can lo, record it and others can view it.
Thanks everyone for all the good suggestions..and it's now only 3 weeks till we get started!
(don't want to depress anyone by that)

2nd Jan, 2008 - 4:50pm / Post ID: #

Bible Reading 2008 The Bible Revealed

I had a look at an online plan of daily reading to achieve the goal of reading the Bible over one year, and it was suggesting that you need to read an average of 3 and a half chapters per day, every day to achieve this.

I also found the Bible on line, and have bookmarked my chosen version (King James), and have started to read it online. (I have checked that it corresponds to my Bible-and it does)

I have found it a lot easier to read it online than I have actually reading it from the book, and am going to be using both methods.

I think that the 3 and a half chapters a day is achievable for me, so we'll see, I am hoping that at last I will be able to achieve something that I've been intending to do for years!

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Bible Reading In 2008

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,