The Ring To End It All.

The Ring All - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 14th Nov, 2008 - 6:54am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 13th Nov, 2008 - 7:30am / Post ID: #

The Ring To End It All.
A Friend

The Ring To End It All.

How important is the value of a ring to a women?

I understand the cliche and over marketing of the ceremony that involve giving a ring to a women for the purpose of marriage. Actually the whole thing ticks me off, but I guess one has to be willing to play along for the ceremony of it.

Is the value of a ring important? I never thought about it much but would it be degrading or disrespectful to offer a ring in a ceremony that doesn't match the value of the individual?

Sponsored Links:
13th Nov, 2008 - 7:51am / Post ID: #

All It To Ring The

It depends on the person. There are some women that jewelry just doesn't do much for them. Others are always looking at other womens rings to see how big and what kind it is. If you are getting married, you probably should know what kind of woman you are marrying and respond appropriately.

Oh...by the way...if she really wants to marry you, and you offer her a ring that she thinks is not up to par, she will likely say yes anyway (unless you offer her a beer tab as a token). It might take a years to find out that she truly thought the ring was too small, but that will give you a opportunity to upgrade. And...you might be talking about 2 rings if you go with an engagement ring and a wedding ring.

My wife is always pointing out successful women with big huge diamond wedding rings, so I usually counter by pointing out successful women with moderate sized wedding rings and praise her on her sensibility to select a reasonable sized peice of jewelry.

Post Date: 13th Nov, 2008 - 3:45pm / Post ID: #

The Ring To End It All.
A Friend

The Ring To End It All. Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I did not give my wife a choice of the stone size. I went out and shopped for the ring on my own. I know that I spent too much on it and she was not that materialistic. But to me I wanted her to know what I thought of her. After looking around at five different places I went to the one place that allowed me to pick the stone and design the ring the way I wanted it to look. Fir my money I got a nice sized 5/8 karat stone set in a platinum ring. Needless to say she loved it.

I believe it is up to the man to find the stone and ring that he feels is going to make a good representation of how he feels towards the person he wants to marry. Buying a cheap ring may be a way to go if you plan to upgrade later on. It is totally up to you the guy to make this decision. Remember your getting yourself a life mate. Treat her with a ring that represents your commitment. That is my opinion.

Post Date: 13th Nov, 2008 - 6:43pm / Post ID: #

The Ring To End It All.
A Friend

All It To Ring The

Thanks for the advise. Could both of you mail me you wife's rings so I can decide which one I want?

Just kidding, thanks. The people I know are still laughing about it. I can't pull any advise out of them. Some friends they are. They would take a bullet for me, but they sure are [removed]. Now they are calling me up and harassing me. I am thinking of filing charges.

I am only going to spend 1 g on one. If I run into more money later I will upgrade. Good idea Vincenzo.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please keep your messages free from extra characters that are not alpha / numeric (numeric should be for stats) while using good grammar. You will notice most Posts here are written without the use of 'chopped words', excessive smilies, slang, dialect(s) or Teeny Bopper scribbles. See Constructive Posting Policy.

13th Nov, 2008 - 6:45pm / Post ID: #

All It To Ring The

I am with Vincenzo every lady appreciates different things. I chose a ring that was subtle but had very brilliant colors in the modest 1/4 karat stone. She loved it and even at that she sliced her self with it. A huge stone likely would have been my eye poked out.

She does not wear jewelry in general and it was not the ring she was after it was me.

I know a friend of mine all she cared was that the stone was huge. Know your mate my friend and you will know the answer.

Take her about and look at jewelry when passing my a store front most women are very obvious in letting you know their likes in that department. I do agree with Klar you go get the ring on your own after as it is a bit of a surprise for her and most ladies wait their whole life for the moment so do make it count. That is give it to her in a style that suits her not every one else.

13th Nov, 2008 - 7:39pm / Post ID: #

The Ring To End It All.

Traditionally it's supposed to be worth one month of the man's salary- which is great for the woman whose man earns thousands a month, but not so good for the woman whose man doesn't laugh.gif

We chose mine together, I don't like diamonds- there's a relief for my husband *laughs*, but I did get a really pretty ring, with nice stones, and something that we both liked.

Truthfully, I think it should be more about the togetherness than the showing off.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Nov, 2008 - 8:01pm / Post ID: #

The Ring To It All.

Here are related Topics you may be interested in:

Does it have to be a ring: Source 2

Romantic Tragedy: Source 7

Post Date: 14th Nov, 2008 - 6:54am / Post ID: #

The Ring To End It All.
A Friend

The Ring To It All. Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

I will probably Just give her a ring that I can add to later. I will just start out with a gold band that is 200 bucks and add to it later. I got about 5 gs saved and wanted to purchase a gun and some ammo. I think I will get her a decent car instead. Her's sucks and it scares me. She isn't materialistic at all. She has better choices of men for that. She pointed to one of those gum ball ring machines and said "those look nice". I would rather get her a 4,000 dollar car that may be safer and I don't have to worry about as much. Anyway that is what feels right.

I have tried not to think about her much, but how many women come over to your place and cook, clean, and then make you feel like a champ? I am in shock and I am sold.

I am a little defensive, but she is genuine about things. She hasn't slept around and she says "she will prove it". I wish I could offer her the same. She treats me like a king.

I have been cussing, hell raising, picking fights, and kicking up dust my whole life and I sware this little thing has just kicked my @ss. I had no idea. That must be what people were talking about.

Thanks for the advise. Pretty soon I will be busy for a long time. I have to increase my work week to the God forbidden 40 hours, but no more. I had a lot of adventuring to do, but she is more adventurous than me. Thank God!

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: The Ring To End It All.

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,