Powder Scares At Two Lds Temples - Page 2 of 2

It still fascinates me - the hate and violence - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 16th Nov, 2008 - 8:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 15th Nov, 2008 - 4:27am / Post ID: #

Powder Scares At Two Lds Temples
A Friend

Powder Scares At Two Lds Temples - Page 2

I do have a friend of mine who was a former FBI agent that was out of the blue, not looking for a job, and was actually contacted by the Church office Building. He did not submit an application. They contacted him. He was offered a job, and he took it. He has worked for church security for over 10 years now.

Rather off topic, but...
I do have a few stories from him, but maybe I will have to upgrade my membership and share them in that thread. I think there is a need for FBI agents protecting our church and its leaders in these last days.

Reconcile Message Edited...
JB: A Post cannot be made solely in the off topic. I fixed it as some of what you mentioned is relevant.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Nov, 2008 - 4:42am / Post ID: #

Powder Scares At Two Lds Temples
A Friend

Temples Lds Two Scares Powder

Rather off topic, but...
That is pretty cool. I heard they were former FBI, CIA and other agencies. Wouldn't want to mess with those guys. God's Sentries.

But they missed those powdered envelopes.

16th Nov, 2008 - 8:51pm / Post ID: #

Powder Scares At Two Lds Temples Studies Doctrine Mormon

It still fascinates me - the hate and violence and threats that are being aimed at the LDS church and its members.

If the tables were turned and the church members were behaving this way, we would be prosecuted to the full extent of the law for hate crimes and vilified in the media.

Yet, you don't see the media saying *anything* negative about these horrible acts against the church.

Brigham Young once said:

I am satisfied that it will not do for the Lord to make this people popular. Why? Because all hell would want to [be] in the church. The people must be kept where the finger of scorn can be pointed at them. Although it is admitted that we are honest, industrious, truthful, virtuous, self-denying, and as a community, possess every moral excellence, yet we must be looked upon as ignorant and unworthy, and [as] the offscouring of society, and be hated by the world. What is the reason of this? Christ and Baal can not become friends. When I see this people grow and spread and prosper, I feel that there is more danger than when they are in poverty. Being driven from city to city or into the mountains is nothing compared to the danger of our becoming rich and being hailed by outsiders as a first-class community.

Journal of Discourses, Vol. 12:272

And what's been happening the past 50 years or so? The church has been becoming more accepted by the world, for humanitarian efforts, community involvement, and so forth. And generally "flying under the radar" of the press. With this singular event, the Mormons are back in the limelight in a very negative way. The "finger of scorn" returns, as it were.

I'm certain that more hatred and violence will come. Prop 8 lit a match under the GLBT community, and they are -- for now at least -- on fire for their cause.

At a regional single adult event yesterday, there were priesthood brethren standing guard outside the building, watching out for us. Very unobtrusive, but they were there. That speaks volumes to me.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Powder Scares At Two Lds Temples

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,