Support Our Troops

Support Troops - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 17th Nov, 2008 - 4:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Does it mean anything to you?
Post Date: 14th Nov, 2008 - 3:48am / Post ID: #

Support Our Troops

Support Our Troops

What are your thoughts about the below quote:

"The point of public relations slogans like "Support our troops" is that they don't mean anything... That's the whole point of good propaganda. You want to create a slogan that nobody's going to be against, and everybody's going to be for. Nobody knows what it means, because it doesn't mean anything. Its crucial value is that it diverts your attention from a question that does mean something: Do you support our policy? That's the one you're not allowed to talk about."
--Noam Chomsky

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Nov, 2008 - 5:26am / Post ID: #

Support Our Troops
A Friend

Troops Support

Yah, you hit the nail on the head. They use these people up (my fellow Americans) for their own crude agenda. Then they say that we should support the troops to be patriotic. I have had friends over there and yes my own brother. They come back all [removed] up in the head for this sorry war. They got them all brainwashed and confused. Most of them are just kids and they messed them up. The whole thing really ticks me off to the core.

Let us support the troops by bringing them back Home. Then we should all get together and destroy some Elite [removed].

Screw the government and the rich bankers. This is my face and hopefully they will see it with my hands wrapped around their cowardly spines pulling the bloody bones from their bodies. I want them to be alive long enough for them to see that they were defeated by the peasants they thought they controlled. Freaking manipulative self serving pricks. All the murderous manipulative crap they have done to us.

Unfortunately they deserve a fair trial and it is not up to me to decide what fate they will have, but I can dream. It is up to the courts and the constitution of these United states. I do plan on being thickly involved in the revolt. Not like it is a big secret.

Anyway that is how I feel about the whole mess. I toned it down a bit.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please keep your messages free from extra characters that are not alpha / numeric (numeric should be for stats) while using good grammar. You will notice most Posts here are written without the use of 'chopped words', excessive smilies, slang, dialect(s) or Teeny Bopper scribbles. See Constructive Posting Policy.

Post Date: 14th Nov, 2008 - 3:58pm / Post ID: #

Support Our Troops
A Friend

Support Our Troops History & Civil Business Politics

"Support the Troops" This means a lot to me. This means I support any troops no matter where they are and the job that they have to do. They may not like the place they are at and they may wish they were some place else but with the support of people back home it makes the job a little easier for them.

I do not have to agree with the policies of the government that has placed our young people in harms way and I do not have to agree about the fight they are in. I only have to show the troops that I care for them and for their welfare. As long as they are able to see that I care for what they are doing as their job then they will be better to handle that job which they signed up for and was sent to do.

All too often I hear of people who will take their anger and frustration at the governments policy and the war they do not support out on the troops. This in my book is wrong. IF you want to yell at someone then call your congressman or the pentagon and yell at them. Yelling at these troops for doing their job is just showing how uneducated you are. These young men and women are just doing what their superiors have assigned to them. They go and do their job and if they are lucky they get to come home.

Once they are back home then people like me can talk to them and get them any help they may need and make sure that the government is keeping its promise to them for the jobs they have done for it.

Support the troops means just that. Support them and let them know that you are there for them.

14th Nov, 2008 - 8:30pm / Post ID: #

Troops Support

Yes you are right Klar we need to let those souls over seas know we do appreciate them and get them back home and let them take turns torturing the powers that be if the policies need to be changed.

It is horrible to come home t hatred when you have risked life and limb.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Post Date: 15th Nov, 2008 - 5:01am / Post ID: #

Support Our Troops
A Friend

Troops Support

I grew up in military towns. I knew a lot of service men and women and believe me, they all had various opinions on political issues. Our service men and women go to where they are assigned and they do the job that they were asked to do. They do their job whether they agree with it or not. They even lay down their lives for it. In my opinion, this is true sacrifice and this is why we support our troops. I recently received an e-mail from a friend of mine and I thanked him for his service to our country.
He responded by saying how thankful he was to serve his country and his fellow Americans. Let's honor and support them by voting, posting our flag, contacting our congressman and local leaders, being involved in politics and civic matters, by praying for them, encouraging them, and saluting them. They are doing their job regardless of their opinion on the matter and that deserves honor and respect.

Post Date: 15th Nov, 2008 - 6:32am / Post ID: #

Support Our Troops
A Friend

Support Our Troops

The Nazis followed orders. They were good Soldiers. Some of the finest, toughest soldiers in the world at that time (if not the best). They had a great warrior heritage and they followed orders. Even if it meant the murder of innocent people. Maybe that will cause an uproar, but it is true. And there is no doubt that many of them were good and loyal to the cause. Was it right? Hitler used the honor of others for his own ambition. An evil man manipulated his own people for world domination and power.

Will we go down in history as the same? We have good honorable troops that have been fooled by the same thing that we are. This is a falling Empire. Wrong is wrong and there is no honor in what we are doing now and no reason to be fighting these people.

Rather off topic, but...
Salutes have lost their meaning in the past 100 years in my opinion. Knights would lift up their visors to their enemies to show their face. They would do it sometimes before killing their foe as a sign of respect. It goes across cultures in one way or another. Some cultures just raise a hand. It is done in submission or as a respectful conqueror. Now days it is just an over used cliche that is given to unknown people that may not deserve it. Way to many times.

I won't salute a brainwashed 19 year old and I wont kneel before the Queen of England. But that is just me. (Kneeling is even more sacred). I only kneel to God as an ultimate sign of submission and respect.

Reconcile Message Edited...
JB: Do not bring up Religion outside of the Religion Boards. Check your spelling.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Nov, 2008 - 3:33pm / Post ID: #

Support Our Troops
A Friend

Support Troops

I can see your point but I will not go down the road of comparing our men and women of our armed forces with those of Nazi Germany.

We have rules in place that can help our troops not do things that they believe are morally wrong. The checks and balances of our great land are not only in the government but also in the military. This is a reason why our military such a world power. We have a well educated and a well trained military force. It is made up of people who willingly volunteered to be there.

Will I salute them? You bet I will. The deserve our respect for the job they have done. I am sure they will return that salute as a thanks for my support of them.

17th Nov, 2008 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #

Support Troops Politics Business Civil & History

Quasar I understand where you are coming from, but on this I will not agree perhaps you are right it is blind patriotism on my part.

I will salute soldiers and stand tall and sing my National Anthem, I will bow to my Queen and kneel and pray for my father in Heaven to protect and guide my leaders.

I will protest and send letters when I disagree with policies and current practices but I will not punish those willing to die for me for their leaders bad choices.

I ask you how many cried out for vengeance on those terrorists after 911? How many of them now still do? How many of them now stand condemning our soldiers across seas? Was it resolved no because to resolve the issue is to commit some morally horrific crimes. War is messy and that is the bottom line innocent will die if you can not accept this as a fate then we best never to start a war. I am sure all the meanies will stay in their own country and not bother us if we disband our armed forces. Wait though if they come here and demand we do it their way and fight back innocents die again. Now way out we just have the choice as to what innocents die where. Sometimes thing just stink no matter what and you just have to accept that as a fact and hope you son comes home.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Support Our Troops

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,