Tougher driving rules on the way for young and inexperienced Ont. drivers

Tougher Driving Rules Young Inexperienced Ont - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 18th Nov, 2008 - 5:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Canada, Canadian Related News
Post Date: 18th Nov, 2008 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

Canadian News

New rules for young and inexperienced drivers in Ontario are set to be introduced at Queen's Park on Tuesday.
Source: CBC | Toronto News

Sponsored Links:
18th Nov, 2008 - 3:44pm / Post ID: #

drivers Ont inexperienced young way the rules driving Tougher

QUOTE (dustininelmira)

This is ridiculous. Changing the law because of two accidents? I know these accidents are tragic, but lets be real. They were ACCIDENTS. These things happen.

This is one twit that need a slap in the head. ACCIDENTS are caused by driver errors. Second it is hundreds of thousands of these accidents not just two.

Zero alcohol is a great thing I think it should be for any driver under 199 years of age. I know many are mature enough to know one or two over a day is OK but many many break this rule. I am not even willing to bet it is not the older crowds.

My dad had these rules for me and I think they paid off. Me and one other that was it why because 3 or mare 16 year olds feed off each other and act silly and stop being good drivers that they are. Booze well your underage no issue my friend till 19 any how. So pushing it to 21 might help those college and university student who for their first time are free of mom and dad. A good idea.

I did recognize one of the names in this article and will have to give a call home to confirm it is my friends child though as it might be the cousin who I did not really know that well.

I wish they would also regulate the hp and vehicle types that they are allowed to drive. Most adults I know do not know how to handle a 4 wheel drive so what chance do their children have?

In the winter I see more SUVs in the ditch then any other because people do no respect the vehicle they drive nor its capabilities and limitations. They just get sucked into a good sales job on a fake sense of security. I say get our children into better driving courses and expose them to many vehicle types including trailers and make them drive them in a safe area under horrific conditions. Basically lets scare them real bad then teach them how to manage the circumstances that they drive under in the real world. What do you do in snow up hill down hill with a trailer without one. How to get out of that skid and let them fell how easy they start.

We are giving them a 3000 to 5000 lb weapon with no clue how to use it. You then ponder why inexperienced drivers are a higher risk not hard to figure out mate. Driving sober and with one copilot helps but is no substitute for good driving instruction. I was lucky my dad was skilled and imparted his knowledge onto me. I to my wife and will to my children along with the input of the best instruction I can get them including skid school.

My oldest is already pondering how to get a car and upkeep it. I am glad as his education starts now 6 years before he sees a steering wheel. His bike he knows the traffic rules and I make him follow them. We must start them young to respect the laws these are real tools that we must use to save our young. Laws are the to help reduce exposure of my family to people who do not respect authority. The laws will not enable your child to survive to I place this at every parents door step what are you doing to ensure your child does what is right and knows how to drive or ride a bike safely? I has to start long before 16 or you might be in a bad state one day when the black and white pulls up to your door and out steps an man and woman officer hats removed as they knock on the door.

I am no expert but I do take driving instruct yearly at work and I always learn something new. Do you?

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Post Date: 18th Nov, 2008 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Tougher driving rules on the way for young and inexperienced Ont. drivers History & Civil Business Politics

I have to agree that teens need more instruction. When I took drivers ed in school it was a semester course. We had to spend half the semester behind the wheel and the other half in a class room. Now it is a extra curricular course and they only have to drive with a instructor for 10 hours. They do not get half of the driver training that I did and the rules of the road are getting tighter.

I think kids should have to spend more time in a classroom and more time behind a wheel with a qualified instructor like we had to when we were young.

I have had all kinds of training but that does not mean I do not make mistakes still. I have to say that I have not been involved in a accident since 2005. I do all I can to maintain my vehicles and teach my kids how to properly care for a vehicle and what not to do when behind the wheel.

> TOPIC: Tougher driving rules on the way for young and inexperienced Ont. drivers

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,