Joseph And Mary Marry So Quick

Joseph Mary Marry Quick - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 25th Nov, 2008 - 4:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 25th Nov, 2008 - 3:37am / Post ID: #

Joseph And Mary Marry So Quick

Name: Linda

Comment: I was watching the film Jesus of Nazareth about the conception of Jesus. Why didn't God just wait til Joseph and Mary were married or just about to get married. Why make Joseph have to marry her quickly?

Sponsored Links:
25th Nov, 2008 - 10:23am / Post ID: #

Quick Marry Mary Joseph

Impossible to answer that question. You say he married her too quickly. OK But why didnt God just wait until after they were married for 2 years, 3 years, 6 months to make Mary pregnant? Mary was already promissed to Joseph and back then there wasnt that much paperwork required to get married. I am not being flippant, but there really is no way to answer this question unless God told someone...and so far he isnt talking.

25th Nov, 2008 - 4:11pm / Post ID: #

Joseph And Mary Marry So Quick Revealed Bible The

I actually think there was a very good reason. I think if we think about what happens on a wedding night your answer is given. Joseph would bed his bride and hand the evidence of her virginity to Mary's parents the next day. Once lain with her husband how would you prove Jesus was not from Joesph loins?

So the reason for impregnating Mary while a virgin was to prove it was divine. After all Mary and Joesph mother or doctor could quickly prove the hymen was still in place after the pregnancy was showing.

Most often God does things for good reason and usually for our benefit.

> TOPIC: Joseph And Mary Marry So Quick

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,