Opponents, supporters argue over proposed wind project

- Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 25th Nov, 2008 - 6:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Canada, Canadian Related News
Post Date: 25th Nov, 2008 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

Canadian News

There was a big turnout Monday night for a public meeting sponsored by Toronto Hydro to discuss a proposed wind research project off the Scarborough Bluffs.
Source: CBC | Toronto News

Sponsored Links:
25th Nov, 2008 - 6:24pm / Post ID: #

project wind proposed argue supporters Opponents

I know that area very well and the properties there are expensive and were bought for the view. I can understand why they would be upset having to look at a windmill farm.

However it is likely on eof the best spot for one as there always seems t be a good breeze there.

Second many of the home there are built on unstable land anyhow so perhaps slowly buying them out is a good idea. With the same issue of ground stability I think building windmills there could be very expensive as they cause a large amount of vibration and I am sure stabilizing the earth could be very expensive.

It is a huge amount of clas and sand so when wet it can slide out, the bluffs would have to be reinforce to stop that id large wind mills are placed relatively close to its edge.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

> TOPIC: Opponents, supporters argue over proposed wind project

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,