Is God More Intrested In Faith Or Deeds? - Page 2 of 2

QUOTE foreseeing that God would justify the - Page 2 - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 5th Dec, 2008 - 5:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
4th Dec, 2008 - 7:32pm / Post ID: #

Is God More Intrested In Faith Or Deeds? - Page 2

Revival
So in my scenario, wouldn't it seem that the hearts of the Non-Christians are more inline with God, then that of the Christian?

I would quote Matthew 12:25 as evidence that the Lord does look upon our heart to Judge us(as you have indicated). But I would also get from this scripture that if our actions are continually bad, without a desire to change on our part, then there is probably some work that needs to be done on our hearts.

Matthew 12:35

35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

Bad or good actions, in my opinion, are a direct result of a bad or good heart, and cannot be separated.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Dec, 2008 - 7:56pm / Post ID: #

Is God More Intrested In Faith Or Deeds?
A Friend

Deeds Faith Intrested God Is

Looking at your scenario.

The christian man will not go to heaven for his is sinning and by the sounds of it is not repentful therefore he is not living a life of god as he thinks he is. He will be sorely judged and the gates of heaven will be closed to him.

The muslim while praying and following allahs path could go to heaven. God and Allah could be the same person.

The woman while she does what she believes does not necessary give her access to heaven. Is she giving all she can? Does she believe in a higher power. I did not get the sense that she does in reading this so I would say she does not go either.

4th Dec, 2008 - 8:45pm / Post ID: #

Is God More Intrested In Faith Or Deeds? Revealed Bible The

I think the Jewish woman does believe in God and if following the old testament she is faithful and is living with a godly heart and deeds so off she goes I think.

I think of king David who had a very close walk with God, till he fell in lust with Bathsheba. Before the fall he was fine he had his heart in the right place and so was his faith as such he did many greats works as commanded by his lord. Once he lusted then repented he returned t he former glory.

What if he had died between after his sinful act and before he made restitution?

The bible tells us there are many different levels in the heaven would he have still made it but in a lower throne?

I have been through a bad spot in my life of life (I trust it is through and healing now), in this time I will testify my connection with God was very quiet. I have repented and trying to make wrong right and his voice is most definitely louder.

My heart and mind most certainly had wandered from god in my weakness. This might be why I find this very interesting in the views I am reading here.

4th Dec, 2008 - 8:46pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Deeds Faith Intrested God Is

In the Scenario she does believe in the God of the Old Testament.

But suppose she is a Secular Jew who does not believe in any God? Do her actions still preclude her from receiving any reward? Does her love and desire to serve mankind translate into a subconscious love of God?

Let me list some scriptures that would make me believe that God does bless the unbeliever to an extent when they do something good. (Of course I could be wrong on this one, as God's ways are not man's ways.)

1 Jn. 4: 7
  7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

Do aspects of brotherly love translate into a knowledge of the mind and heart of God. It says in John 17:3
  3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

If knowing God comes from love then it seems that loving and serving mankind is one of the ways to increase a knowledge of God

1 John 4:20
20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

It seem to imply that love for fellow man is prerequisite for a love of God.

1 John 3:18
18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

Actions, when it comes to love, are as important in where our hearts are. We cannot say " I love my fellow man" and then refuse to help them.

Gal. 3: 8
  8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen (unbeliever?) through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Is there some justification for the heathen?

Matt. 25: 40, 45
  40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Does this mean when we do good things for and to man we are serving God, thus receiving some reward, regardless of what faith we come from ?

Of course I am not saying that the unbeliever or even the person who does not believe and serve Christ will return to God. In my view any separation of God and his son Jesus Christ would be Hell, and an unbelief in God results in a separation from him. It just seems that there is an indication that service of fellow man, regardless of our beliefs, will be accounted to us for righteousness and God will not forget these actions at judgement day.

Post Date: 5th Dec, 2008 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Deeds Faith Intrested God Is

1 John 3:18
18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth

I find this passage says a lot to everything that this thread is talking about. Thanks for sharing it with us Dbackers.

It plainly says that it is how we act or our deeds that will tell God all he needs to know. We can have the faith and go to curch but it is our deeds that our acts that will tell our true heart. This is why I think it is the deeds that are more important. How can we be godly men if our deeds disprove that?

5th Dec, 2008 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

foreseeing that God would justify the heathen (unbeliever?) through faith

I think this is simply stating Abraham was allowed to for see the coming of a savior. Thus the heathen will be saved through faith.

I think that consideration for those who never heard of God and Christ but loved fellow man is accommodated for. A special place in heaven. For to chose such actions just from your own love is to me greater then choosing the deeds from fearing gods wrath.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Is God More Intrested In Faith Or Deeds?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,