Friend Or Foe Of The U. S. A.

Friend Foe U S A - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 27th Nov, 2008 - 12:14am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 28th Mar, 2005 - 10:54pm / Post ID: #

There is always talk about 'how much people dislike the USA', but there is equal amounts of talk concerning their love for it and the way of life. However, from a political, strategic and monetary point of view whom would you say is the:

CHOOSE ONLY ONE BEST or WORST COUNTRY!

Worst Enemy of the USA?
Also add why - please make this more than simply opinion.

Best Friend of the USA
As above, please make this more than opinion.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Mar, 2005 - 12:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

A S U The Foe Friend

I would say that Great Britain is USA's greatest friend. They have stood by the US in every major conflict in recent years, even when it was unpopular. When no other country stood, they did.

As for worst enemy, I think it is Germany and France. The reason why is that both countrys try to act friendly but are always willing to turn their backs on us when we need support. When trade embargos where made on Iraq, they broke them. When we needed help in the Middle East, they said we shouldn't, because they had interests over there. Your worst threat is always the one that claims to be your friend, but is willing to turn on you.

29th Mar, 2005 - 1:25pm / Post ID: #

Friend Or Foe Of The U. S. A. History & Civil Business Politics

I agree that the UK is the best friend that the US has right now. For the last century, anyway, the UK and the US have remained very close in our alliances.

I am not sure that I would say that Germany and France are our greatest enemies. They may be our greatest danger, in that they present a false front in so many ways, but I think that the Islamist movement, which is transnational, is our greatest enemy. The Islamist movement is underground, criminal, implacably opposed to all the values and morals that are espoused by the US, and detest our innovation and industry.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

29th Mar, 2005 - 4:53pm / Post ID: #

A S U The Foe Friend

I concur with the UK being the best friend of the US, since they have stood behind the US during many different conflicts, the most recent being the war in Iraq. They also are very responsive during times of emergency in the US, an example being after the events of 9/11.

For the worst enemy, that is a tough one, since it is apparent the US has many enemies. While Nighthawk makes a good point about Islamists, this covers a wide variety of countries. I would have chosen Iraq a couple of years ago, but now they are one of our allies; at least the government is. North Korea and Iran are still thorns in our side because they refuse to cooperate, and continue underground and shady development of nuclear warheads, which threatens everyone, more so the US. During the Cold War, Russia would have been at the top of the list, but they have been very tame, so either they are secretly against us or not a threat anymore.
No country has been openly aggressive towards the US recently. They instead hide behind extremist groups and engage in terrorist acts. Which country then participates in such terroristic activity and supports it the most? That would be the greatest enemy of the US. wink.gif

Reconcile Edited: malexander on 29th Mar, 2005 - 4:56pm

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2005 - 7:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

A S U The Foe Friend

Best Friend? No comment. I see no real reason to disagree with the consensus.

Worth Enemy? My honest answer would be: the American policy makers that are pushing for an imperial agenda, since their agenda is creating unprecedented anti-Americanism and turning traditional allies away.

I would disagree with Konq. France and Germany are simply persuing their own interests and weening themselves off of a dependence on American good will. As sovereign countries, they had no obligation join America in the Iraqi misadventure, and it was bad form to demand their support so brusquely in the first place.

I would have to say Iran is America's worst enemy at the moment, simply because they are one of the few 'enemies' out there that actually nurture a deliberate malice, and not simply national self-interest. The nuclear suspicion surrounding Iran has put the United States in a tough situation where they must either back off (something Isreal will not likely tolerate) or alienate the world once more with unilateral military action.

Post Date: 24th Jun, 2005 - 12:53pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

U.S. MORE UNCOOL THAN CHINA?

The United States' popularity in many countries -- including longtime allies in Europe -- is lagging behind even communist China.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...43759%2C00.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Jun, 2005 - 1:25pm / Post ID: #

Friend Foe The U. S. A.

In Britain, which prides itself on its "special relationship" with Washington, almost two-thirds of Britons, 65 percent, saw China favorably, compared with 55 percent who held a positive view of the United States. In France, 58 percent had an upbeat view of China, compared with 43 percent who felt that way about the U.S. The results were nearly the same in Spain and the Netherlands, the Pew polling found.
      The United States' favorability rating was lowest among three Muslim nations that are also U.S. allies - Turkey, Pakistan and Jordan - where only about one-fifth of those polled viewed the U.S. in a positive light. Only India and Poland viewed the U.S. more positively than China.

These are interesting and surprising results. I never thought I would live to see a country with the human rights record of China be held in higher esteem than the US. It certainly isn't what I would have said or expected.

Maybe India or Poland are the US's best friends at the moment.

I have to agree with Nef about the US administration currently being its own worst enemy. Nobody threatens the US at the moment. Poor foreign policy decisions are fostering anti-american sentiment.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

Post Date: 27th Nov, 2008 - 12:14am / Post ID: #

Friend Foe The U. S. A. Politics Business Civil & History

"Americans cannot escape a certain responsibility for what is done in our name around the world. In a democracy, even one as corrupted as ours, ultimate authority rests with the people. We empower the government with our votes, finance it with our taxes, bolster it with our silent acquiescence. If we are passive in the face of America's official actions overseas, we in effect endorse them." - Mark Hertzgaard

> TOPIC: Friend Or Foe Of The U. S. A.

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,