Paypal Scam?

Paypal Scam - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 28th Nov, 2008 - 3:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th Nov, 2008 - 3:11pm / Post ID: #

Paypal Scam?

We recently noticed one or more attempts to log in to your PayPal account from a foreign IP address.

If you recently accessed your account while traveling, the unusual log in attempts may have been initiated by you. However if you are the rightful holder of the account,click on the link below to log into the account and follow the instructions.

If you choose not to complete the request, you give us no choice but to suspend  your account temporary.
It takes at least 12 hours for the investigation in this case and we strongly recommend you to verify your account at that time.
If you received this notice and you are not the authorized account holder, please be aware that it is in violation of PayPal policy to represent oneself as an other PayPal user.Such action may also be in violation of local, national, and/or international law. PayPal is committed to assist law enforcement with any inquires related attempts to missapropriate personal information with the intent to commit fraud or theft. Information will be provided at the request or law enforcement agencies to ensure that perpetrators are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Thanks for your patience as we work together to protect your account.
PayPal Account Review Department.

I received this today in an email account not used for paypal..note spelling errors in this memo. I suspect this is a scam.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use the Quote Tags here. When you do not use these tags source material that is not your own may appear to be yours when it is not. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Sponsored Links:
28th Nov, 2008 - 1:09am / Post ID: #

Scam Paypal

That is a common one. All you have to do is look at the link and will usually be a domain leading you to something other than PayPal. Note for others, do not be fooled because you see "paypal" in the address such as paypal.fakedomainname.com. The best thing you can do if you want to verify is to go the web site by typing in the address in the address bar.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

28th Nov, 2008 - 3:00pm / Post ID: #

Paypal Scam? History & Civil Business Politics

I can see no activity I need to worry on and changed passwords and the hints to be safe. The words in the link looked fine and were the paypal but I just found that there was some issues.

Source 3

Thanks for that tip also JB...nice to be reminded a common sense approach usually pays off.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Post Date: 28th Nov, 2008 - 3:28pm / Post ID: #

Paypal Scam?
A Friend

Scam Paypal

I try to make sure I change my paypal password once every three to four months to make it more secure. I have not received one of these types of scams yet.

28th Nov, 2008 - 3:34pm / Post ID: #

Scam Paypal

I do the same but the funny part is it was sent to my work address which is not registered with payal. I have no idea how that worked.

Post Date: 28th Nov, 2008 - 3:36pm / Post ID: #

Paypal Scam?
A Friend

Paypal Scam?

Anytime I get a paypal notice to a none registered e-mail address I know it is a scam and just delete it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Paypal Scam?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,