Wales

Wales - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 18th Feb, 2008 - 8:27am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Culture & Tradition
Post Date: 10th Oct, 2007 - 2:39pm / Post ID: #

Wales

Wales

Traditions and Culture of the people of this part of the Kingdom can be Discussed here.

Sponsored Links:
11th Oct, 2007 - 12:05pm / Post ID: #

Wales

One of the nicest people I have encountered in the past are those located in Wales. Very hospitable and always willing to share a part of history with you. I did notice there seems to be an inward struggle with identity having been known as a conquered nation some refuse to do anything with the English (this happens more on Anglesey).

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 21st Oct, 2007 - 5:31pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Wales History & Civil Business Politics

Canal breach plans are drawn up

Plans are made to repair the Brecon and Monmouthshire canal after it burst its banks, damaging homes and a road.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/s...ast/7053107.stm

22nd Oct, 2007 - 7:42pm / Post ID: #

Wales

The problem with this area is that it's out in the valleys so the whole area becomes vulnerable to flooding. This year though it's not just been the mountainous areas that have been hit by floods, quite a lot of people the length and breadth of the country died by their area flooding and they drowned before having the chance to be rescued.
The council will probably get this bridge built very quickly to prevent further flooding to this area.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

Post Date: 27th Nov, 2007 - 10:59am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Wales

Welsh dragon call for Union flag

The government is urged to combine the union jack with Wales' flag to represent the country's "true place in the Union".
Rep. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7114248.stm

Post Date: 18th Feb, 2008 - 8:27am / Post ID: #

Wales
A Friend

Wales

Hi, Cyfarchion!

I wonder how many Welsh speaking members we have.
I am from Anglesey, and Welsh is my first language.
National pride is something we Welsh are born into, its in our song, our literature, our sport and blood.
When Wales defeat England at rugby, the field shakes with passion and tears over our seven hundred years of English rule.
Don't get me wrong, we do usually get on, the Welsh fueled and sweated over their empire, it made our country what it is.
I am due to marry an English maiden this year, she has learnt our language, and her mother is as Welsh as mine.

Pob hwyl, IR GAD!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Wales

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,