Wal-mart Trampling Death

Wal-mart Trampling Death - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 3rd Dec, 2008 - 12:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
USA Greedy Shopping
Post Date: 1st Dec, 2008 - 10:35pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Wal-mart Trampling Death

Wal-Mart trampling death

When 2,000 people are waiting for a Wal-Mart to open in order to get a sweet discount on a couple of plasma TV's---nothing good can come out of it. In fact, nothing good did come as the employee who opened the door was trampled to death by the greedy shoppers. Who have we become that we could allow this to happen?
Ref. Source 6

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2008 - 4:46pm / Post ID: #

Wal-mart Trampling Death
A Friend

Death Trampling Wal-mart

What is even more interesting is the video of these people rushing in with no care of the person they knocked down and trampled over. None of them seemed to care that they were trampling over this guy.

2nd Dec, 2008 - 5:29pm / Post ID: #

Wal-mart Trampling Death History & Civil Business Politics

This really is a sad, sad commentary of what our society is devolving into. What is so important that people have to act like savage animals? This is about as far from the "Christmas Spirit" as you can get. Sounds like the media conglomerates and ad companies for big business have really done their job to commercialize the holiday. I don't know if there is a "bargain" that is good enough to make me venture out on Black Friday - I seriously doubt it.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2008 - 7:17pm / Post ID: #

Wal-mart Trampling Death
A Friend

Death Trampling Wal-mart

After reading this and seeing how people act in the beginning hours of black friday makes me glad that I am not a part of this.

2nd Dec, 2008 - 7:25pm / Post ID: #

Death Trampling Wal-mart

We were talking about this phenomena at our children's Christmas party Saturday. One couple where down on that day due to a hockey tournament so they popped in a couple store in late AM they laughed like crazy saying the stores looked like they had been robbed!

I think the store chain owners should be held accountable on a personable level for such tragedies, this would stop the nonsense. You would soon see rain checks on sale items or enough items that people who come within a reasonable time would find some of what they need.

Also if people were not so driven by the mass media they would boycott these sales and send the owners a message.

Nothing can justify such a blatant disrespect for life.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

3rd Dec, 2008 - 5:06am / Post ID: #

Wal-mart Trampling Death

The store certainly did create the environment for this to happen and should be held accountable. In many cities, festival seating is not allowed any longer because people were killed by trying to stampede their way into the venues...killing those that couldnt keep up.

In 1979, there were 11 people killed trying to get into a WHO concert in Cincinnati.  This was a result of festival seating.  There are basically no seats...just a area where you can stand or sit...depending on the crowd.  Lack of crowd control was to blame and many cities made Festival Seating illegal.  I liken this incident to Festival Shopping...

The people who dashed in and subsequently ended up killing this employee should feel great shame this and every holiday season. Thinking about how we turn a holiday to celibrate the birth of Christ into a orgy of greed and consumption that require TV's, Wii's, Playstations and now Blood is pretty sobering. To think there is a family that has to go through this holiday remembering that their loved one died because a crowd of people wanted cheap Plasma TV's. I really hope there are some great shows on them to justify the means...

I do like the story though. Yes, WalMart was wrong, but really...what does this say about the society we live in. Were these all outcast from our neighborhoods that did this or were these what we would call normal people. I am not sure we would really want the answer...

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 3rd Dec, 2008 - 5:07am

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Dec, 2008 - 8:12am / Post ID: #

Wal-mart Trampling Death

Really a sad commentary on the nature of focused, motivated people. How can you not notice that you are stomping on a live person? Ridiculous. I assume that there will be lawsuits. Why was the store not ready for this onslaught of people? Where was crowd control?

You can bet next year will be.... more of the same. Personally, I don't go near the stores on Black Friday.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

3rd Dec, 2008 - 12:46pm / Post ID: #

Wal-mart Trampling Death Politics Business Civil & History

If they have it on video then they need to bring up manslaughter charges on all those who put a foot on the former employee.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Wal-mart Trampling Death

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,