Wal-mart Trampling Death - Page 2 of 2

Yes Wallmart should be compensating for this - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 3rd Dec, 2008 - 5:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
USA Greedy Shopping
3rd Dec, 2008 - 12:58pm / Post ID: #

Wal-mart Trampling Death - Page 2

It is a wave of people. You kind of see the guy go down, but you dont actually see anyone stepping on them. Least I couldnt clearly catch it on the video I saw. Not to mention, they are just going to say that they were pushed and not able to control where they were stepping. Good idea, but I really dont think they can use it to nail anyone except WalMart.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Sponsored Links:
3rd Dec, 2008 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #

Death Trampling Wal-mart

Did the guy just stand there? Why didn't he just unlock and step back quickly. Better yet Wal-Mart should have auto doors for this purpose.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

3rd Dec, 2008 - 2:03pm / Post ID: #

Wal-mart Trampling Death History & Civil Business Politics

I wasnt sure, but I think they did have autodoors. However, since the front doors have a bolt action lock, he had to use a key. They just cant turn the power off to the autodoor and night and be secure. It would be too easy to push them open.

To me, it kind of looked like what happens to a city when a dam breaks in front of it or picture a jailbreak in action trying to be stopped by one cop. It was just a instant flood. When he lost his footing, that was all it took. He tried to get out of the way quickly, but just not fast enough. Anyone else in that crowd at the head of it that fell was going to be seriously injured as well.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

3rd Dec, 2008 - 2:08pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Death Trampling Wal-mart

Wal-Mart should of had a strong security presence initially at least. They better give loads of cash to the family of this poor soul and not try to get out of it with just covering funeral expenses and a basket of fruit and flowers.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

3rd Dec, 2008 - 2:24pm / Post ID: #

Death Trampling Wal-mart

I think I got fooled by some internet joke. The video I saw couldnt have been the right one from the way the whole incident was described and the pictures that this lady there took..

Source 5

Source 5

The pandemonium that is picture in the first picture looks right, but what I was looking at was someone opening a door and getting burried in a avalanche of people and not a group breaking through the door!

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2008 - 3:19pm / Post ID: #

Wal-mart Trampling Death
A Friend

Wal-mart Trampling Death

I have not heard anything about what if anything Walmart is doing to compensate the family. Having one person go and open a door or set of doors knowing that people are going to burst in as soon as they can and get to the "great deals" first is all it takes for something like this to happen. I remember one black friday when I was working security. They had me open the doors. The avalanche of people bursting in was enough to almost knock me down. These bargain crazy people have no care what happens to people as long as they get what they want. This is why I avoid going anywhere on black friday.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Dec, 2008 - 5:43pm / Post ID: #

Wal-mart Trampling Death - Page 2

Yes Wallmart should be compensating for this mans death. It is gross negligence on their health and safety committees behalf. His supervisor should be fined and the manager should be facing extremely heavy fines those higher then that millions of dollars in fines. All such events canceled till proper procedures signed by all levels of management as the employees spelling out in detail all hardware and employee movement to prevent any more injuries.

I work in an industry the aver career was 7 years not we get to retire. procedure written down and proper training are essential in all jobs and if not in existence what the heck are you doing? I will tell you you are in a place where they do not expect you to go home alive and healthy but by chance. I will leave chance to betting on the races thanks.

Industrial and heavy commercial plants are inspected and must have this stuff in place why not Retailers? Is a door greeter's life more expendable then mine? I do not think so nor does his children I am betting.

This whole thing screams of neglect and incompetence of management staff and of the employees. In Canada we have the right to refuse any activity that looks or feels dangerous. That is we can stop with no fear of being fired and say to our boss uhm this looks unsafe. Then management is expected to by law to investigate and ensure all is safe. I bet the manager of the store would have hesitated opening those doors.

Unfortunate as far as wages go the life time earning of this poor sole will be judged on his current wages and as such 300 thousand should stand up as an acceptable compensation for loss wages. I hope pain and suffering will bring them much more so his children/wife can have an education and a better future.

I am sure they will cover funeral costs also. Still I hope the government stands up and prevent any more occurrence by changing the laws to protect the workers and customers. I am sure it is only luck someone did do trip and die with him.

As far as individuals being charge I think that would be a gross error unless every single person was charged as the people at he back pushing are as much as at fault as the person forced to step on the man.

Imagine a giant hand pushing you steady and trying to avoid stepping on a person laying on the ground in front in a heavy fog that only lets you see a few feet. The person just appears on the floor you try to move but the hand has you and there is no where to go but forward. You try to miss him one foot goes between his legs but your unable to push your foot far enough to miss on the next step. Not to take the step means you join him. Do you fall or take the step. Once over you are pushed onward by the crowd.

Is it possible you are being so jostled all you do is try to keep balance and not go down and you step on so many feet the body is unnoticed?

I think those in the front were either so intent on the goal they cared less or once moving scared silly. I think better to place the blame on the people who caused the mess rather then the ones that got wrapped up in it.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Wal-mart Trampling Death

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,