Ill. zoo creates ornaments from reindeer droppings

Ill Zoo Creates Ornaments Reindeer Droppings - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 1st Dec, 2008 - 3:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Animals & Pets News
Post Date: 28th Nov, 2008 - 5:55pm / Post ID: #

Ill. zoo creates ornaments from reindeer droppings (AP)
Animals and Pets Related News

A Christmas tree ornament made from reindeer droppings hangs on a display as a fund raiser for the Miller Park Zoo in Bloomington, Ill., Wednesday, Nov. 26, 2008. Workers made the ornaments on their own time and donated the ornaments, which were dried and coated with several coats of paint. The ornaments sell for $5. (AP Photo/The Pantagraph, David Proeber)AP - The Christmas ornaments for sale at the Miller Park Zoo's gift shop are partly manufactured by reindeer. Honest!

Source: Yahoo! News: Animals & Pets News

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Nov, 2008 - 6:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

droppings reindeer ornaments creates zoo Ill

I do not think I will buy a ornament that is made from any animals droppings.

28th Nov, 2008 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

Ill. zoo creates ornaments from reindeer droppings UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I am glad they at least are clear coating the dropping but I am going to wait for the law suit when some kid busts one open and gets food poisoning when he does not wash his hands and eats the next candy cane.

Fecal matter if they desire to fundraiser can be scooped up and sold by the bag year round with the elephant dropping to boot. Out Toronto zoo now sells zoo poo. Save them some money and gets some fundraiser done.

Post Date: 29th Nov, 2008 - 4:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

What about the lawsuit that will happen when some child decides to eat this ornament? I am sure that if your going to use these type of ornaments that you do not have little kids. Maybe even keep them away from your dogs they may think it is a snack too.

30th Nov, 2008 - 3:03am / Post ID: #

They make things out of Moose Poop all the time up here. It is a big business for some. They even make swizzle sticks, earrings, keychains, etc. Why not reindeer poop?

1st Dec, 2008 - 3:42pm / Post ID: #

They even make swizzle sticks

If I drop by just do not remind me on this one OK alskann. I guess much depends on how it is processed as fecal mater is fecal matter. If it is glazed and kiln dried then bacteria is gone and all would be fine(assuming what is 180 f for ten minutes is maintained). The article of the deer dropping I think is just paint the ball and stick it in the decoration.

Might be wrong but fecal in my drink is not a great idea unless purified first. I am even weary of dinner ware as much of it if fine bone or cheaply glazed ends up with a person getting lead poisoning. That is why I think I do on it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Ill. zoo creates ornaments from reindeer droppings

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,