Christmas Oddity

Christmas Oddity - Christmas - Posted: 22nd Dec, 2008 - 12:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 9th Dec, 2008 - 12:07am / Post ID: #

Christmas Oddity

Christmas Oddity

Has there ever been an even that happened to you during Christmas that made you laugh, get really angry or sad? Tell us about it here.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Dec, 2008 - 4:31pm / Post ID: #

Christmas Oddity
A Friend

Oddity Christmas

Back in 1999 my eldest brother died on the road while trucking the 16th of December. Almost two week after my grandmother passed away. Needless to say that years christmas was sad. I had already bought the kids christmas presents for my brother as he gave me the money to that a few days earlier before he went on his last trip.

Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2008 - 12:32pm / Post ID: #

Christmas Oddity
A Friend

Christmas Oddity Christmas

Just this morning, I saw an ambulance take away a homeless woman that had been sitting at a particular street corner every morning for a very long time. She was there every day, whether it was raining or snowing. I had only been walking by that corner for 2 1/2 years, but she was there every day, so I don't know how long she's really been there for. Multiple people would walk by and give her coffee and breakfast every day. She always had a bunch of coffees and breakfast sandwiches/donuts around her in the morning.

One year, a man drew a beautiful drawing on the sidewalk where she sat in sidewalk chalk. It was a beautiful scene of a stream backed by a mountain and sunset. She sat by the painting until it was washed away by the rain.

It was such a shock to me, because she did not look that old. She looked to be in her late 30's or 40s.

I am very sad to see this woman go, even though I didn't not really know her. But I am reminded now of all the wonderful people around me that are still alive.

> TOPIC: Christmas Oddity

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,