Republic Windows And Doors

Republic Windows Doors - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 16th May, 2009 - 11:49am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 9th Dec, 2008 - 11:48am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Republic Windows and Doors

Victory to the UEW Plant Takeover in Chicago!
By Mark Vorpahl

On December 5, in Chicago, the owners of Republic Windows and Doors were set to close their doors after declaring financial ruin and abruptly laid off its 260 mostly Latino workers. Rather than passively accepting this kick in the teeth, the United Electrical Workers Union (UE) members decided to fight back, using a tactic not seen in this country since the 1930's. They occupied the factory and have continued to do so in shifts since Friday.
Ref. Source 4

Sponsored Links:
9th Dec, 2008 - 3:58pm / Post ID: #

Doors Windows Republic

So if I have a business that is now failing due to the lack of sales I should beg the government to come buy my product just to keep me in business? How on earth is that suppose to help the country?

It is attitudes like this that will entice riots in the streets causing far greater harm then good. I feel bad that any plant is shut down as it means children go hungry. At the same time how on earth can the government (using tax dollars) bail out every single company. Perhaps the company had cost effectiveness issues that caused their downfall, but a bail out no way. Could the bank continue to hold the finance sure if the future sales are foreseeable.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Post Date: 9th Dec, 2008 - 4:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Republic Windows And Doors History & Civil Business Politics

I think these people just need to accept the fact that their business is closed and they need to look for another job.

Post Date: 16th May, 2009 - 11:49am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Doors Windows Republic

Chicago Window Factory Reopens with Occupying Workers Back on the Job

Workers at Chicago's Republic Windows and Doors factory occupied their plant in December after the plant's owners gave workers just three days' notice of the plant's closure. They won a settlement, and now the factory has remained open under new management. We speak to Armando Robles, a maintenance worker at the factory and local union president. Ref. Source 3

> TOPIC: Republic Windows And Doors

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,