Are Mormons Born Again? - Page 2 of 2

There are really two new births that every - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 16th Apr, 2014 - 3:07am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
7th Apr, 2014 - 5:18pm / Post ID: #

Are Mormons Born Again? - Page 2

I like how the Evangelicals state it but I want to add to it. Going into the waters of Baptism, without this step one can't truly be born again.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Apr, 2014 - 12:37pm / Post ID: #

Again Born Mormons Are

Name: KimB

Comments:

international QUOTE
"And the Lord said unto me: Marvel not that all mankind, yea, men and women, all nations, kindreds, tongues and people, must be born again; yea, born of God, changed from their carnal and fallen state, to a state of righteousness, being redeemed of God, becoming his sons and daughters";Mosiah 27: 25
international QUOTE
"That by reason of transgression cometh the fall, which fall bringeth death, and inasmuch as ye were born into the world by water, and blood, and the spirit, which I have made, and so became of dust a living soul, even so ye must be born again into the kingdom of heaven, of water, and of the Spirit, and be cleansed by blood, even the blood of mine Only Begotten; that ye might be sanctified from all sin, and enjoy the words of eternal life in this world, and eternal life in the world to come, even immortal glory"; Moses 6: 59

Joseph Smith said You might as well baptize a bag of sand as a man, if not done in view of the remission of sins and getting of the Holy Ghost. Baptism by water is but half a baptism and is worthless without the baptism of the Holy Ghost attending it.

A partial list of synonyms for "born again":
Baptism of Fire
Baptism of the Holy Ghost
Baptism of Spirit
Becoming as a Little Child
Becoming a Son or Daughter of God
Becoming Clean
Becoming Converted
Becoming Righteous
mighty change
Born of the Spirit
Coming Unto Christ
Entering into the Strait and Narrow Path
Gift of the Holy Ghost
Having Clean Hands and a Pure Heart
Mighty Change of Heart
Receiving the Holy Ghost
Regeneration
Remission of Sins
Sanctification
Spiritual Healing

Post Date: 14th Apr, 2014 - 4:11pm / Post ID: #

Are Mormons Born Again? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Name: Livy

Comments: The early Christians taught the exact same thing as we teach today in the Church. Being Born-again means baptism.

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2014 - 1:28pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Again Born Mormons Are

Name: Konroh

Comments: Maybe some early Christians taught born-again was baptism, because no Christian was an un-baptized Christian, you were baptized as a public declaration of an inner reality. The Greek word "baptizo" has as its figurative meaning to "identify with", literally, "to immerse". If you dip a white cloth in red dye, the white cloth "becomes" red. So it is with baptism. However, this has been understood for centuries to be part of the Spirit's work, the Holy Spirit regenerates and causes us to be born-again. Notice Jesus in John 3 speaks of the "wind blowing where it will. " Just as in physical birth, I don't have control over this process, the Holy Spirit does. God must do a work in my life to spiritual birth me, my part is faith.

15th Apr, 2014 - 6:59pm / Post ID: #

Again Born Mormons Are

international QUOTE

What it means to be born again from an lds perspective?

It means through Christ you are born new into the gospel of Jesus Christ. You leave the sinful man behind and become a new creature in Christ.

international QUOTE

(Moses 6:58-61.)
58 Therefore I give unto you a commandment, to teach these things freely unto your children, saying:
59 That by reason of transgression cometh the fall, which fall bringeth death, and inasmuch as ye were born into the world by water, and blood, and the spirit, which I have made, and so became of dust a living soul, even so ye must be born again into the kingdom of heaven, of water, and of the Spirit, and be cleansed by blood, even the blood of mine Only Begotten; that ye might be sanctified from all sin, and enjoy the words of eternal life in this world, and eternal life in the world to come, even immortal glory;
60 For by the water ye keep the commandment; by the Spirit ye are justified, and by the blood ye are sanctified;
61 Therefore it is given to abide in you; the record of heaven; the Comforter; the peaceable things of immortal glory; the truth of all things; that which quickeneth all things, which maketh alive all things; that which knoweth all things, and hath all power according to wisdom, mercy, truth, justice, and judgment.

You are born into the kingdom of God.

15th Apr, 2014 - 9:35pm / Post ID: #

Are Mormons Born Again?

I see or here this sometimes *someone excepts Christ and receives the prompting from the Holy Spirit and believes that that is being born again ( this is only receiving Christ and gaining a Testimony Ect)* and there are a few churches that except this as the Baptism and say there is no need for baptism by water (And don't know anything of laying on of hands for the Gift of the Holy Ghost). Because of the death and resurrection .
but others seem to have a practice of dripping water or dipping the finger into water and making a sign of the cross on the forehead of infant (Newborn after 8 days old) Children which is supposed to be a baptism .

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Apr, 2014 - 3:07am / Post ID: #

Are Mormons Born Again - Page 2

There are really two new births that every man must pass through to be able to return to God. On my mission we had a seminar with Elder Bednar from the Quorum of the Twelve, and he told us that during this mortal life, we have two journeys: the first, from bad to good, and the second, good to better. The first journey starts with baptism, when we repent of our sins, and are born again. The second journey, from good to better, starts within our hearts when we, like King Benjamin's people, lose the desire to do evil. Who can ascend to the house of the Lord? He who hath clean hands and a pure heart. How do we clean our hands? Baptism. How do we purify our hearts? A lifetime of faith, repentance, temple attendance, and commandment keeping. That is what it means to be born again.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Are Mormons Born Again?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,