Christian Marketing

Christian Marketing - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 6th Jan, 2009 - 10:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Are they over doing it?
Post Date: 27th Aug, 2004 - 8:35pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Christian Marketing

There is another huge market out there, that is often ignored by the so-called "mainstream." And that is, for lack of a better term, the Christian market. This extends to books, magazines, music, and as "The Passion" demonstrated, to movies. The common thread for all of those products is not subtle, not hidden. It is explicitly religious. The goal is to spread that message through as many media as possible. There is a Bible that has been packaged to look like a fashion magazine in order to appeal to young girls. A similar version for boys. Concerts that look and sound like any other, until you pay attention to the words.

So the issue here is obvious. We in the media are often accused of being an "elite," separated from much of the rest of the country by experience, tastes, beliefs, politics, etc. In this case, that's probably true. The Christian Market is not a new phenomenon by any means, but the sophistication, and the success, clearly are. With the DVD of the Passion going on sale next week, we thought it would be a good time to take a look at all of this.
Ref. Leroy Sievers and the Nightline Staff - Nightline Offices

Sponsored Links:
28th Aug, 2004 - 12:50am / Post ID: #

Marketing Christian

I don't believe Christian marketing is being overdone anymore that other genres currently out there. When the day comes when Christian pop songs and rock bands are commonplace on the radio and television, then we may approach this question again. I believe that promotors of Christian music, etc realize that you just turn people off when you shove your goods in their face, and that is the last thing they want to do. The Passion of the Christ is an exception to this because of the negative attention and controversy it drew. Leaving this movie out of the equation, I think other Christian movies, music, etc is still very mild in terms of the marketing power and reach it currently has.

Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2004 - 9:09pm / Post ID: #

Christian Marketing
A Friend

Christian Marketing Revealed Bible The

I don't know. I tend to view religious marketing and media as a kind of priestcraft. It seems like they are taking religion, and twisting it to try and make it appealing to people. What they end up with is a watered down, half true mess.

9th Sep, 2004 - 1:26pm / Post ID: #

Marketing Christian

What annoys me about marketing to Christians, is that *any* company can say they are run by Christians, but so what? Does that make it true? Are the owners of that company held to any higher standard? By what law? I know people who've been ripped off by so-called Christians in the marketplace. It just seems like another scam to me.

"Selling Christianity" by printing scripture in fashion magazine format? That seems a bit over the top.

IMO
Roz

13th May, 2006 - 9:38am / Post ID: #

Marketing Christian

I don't think that Christian marketing on the whole is overdone, as long as whoever is doing the marketing is being up front about who they are, and what they are trying to market.

I have seen several adverts on tv, for different religions, and it has always been described briefly, who is behind the marketing, however, there is what I would describe as a small cult near where I live, and I don't like their marketing tactics at all.

The reason for this is mainly that they send a leaflet through your letter box inviting you to something, and on closer inspection, the invite isn't for what it looks like, but for a Bible convention.

In my opinion, if what they are trying to market is so good, then they wouldn't need to be devious and hide their true intent!

Post Date: 13th May, 2006 - 11:45pm / Post ID: #

Christian Marketing
A Friend

Christian Marketing

I think all marketing is over done, and marketing christianity is no different. On my way home, there are no less than ten bill boards advertising churches or christian book stores, or even just a bible verse. I only live twenty five miles away from work.

The problem with marketing christianity is that like all marketing, it plays on your emotions. It plays on emotions sparked by visual stimuli. Anyone can play that game and usually win. Politicians even market christianity now, playing to the churches about family values and keeping god in schools, yet nothing actually changes regarding it. They play on other christians ability to warm up to anything and everything that says they are christian because that is the society that has been created through advertising.

Marketing something as personal as religion devalues it to the level of a product. In the bible, there is not advertising, it is one on one telling of the gospel. Why? Because its a personal message relating to the individual on an individual level. By mass marketing christianity it devalues what christianity holds dearest, the personal relationship with christ. Mass marketing christianity is mass marketing christ, which makes him a novelty item, something you can buy, which is wrong in my opinion.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Dec, 2008 - 6:13pm / Post ID: #

Christian Marketing

"And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the money changers, and the seats of them that sold doves, and said unto them, 'It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves." -- Jesus of Nazareth - Source: The Holy Bible, Matthew 21:12

6th Jan, 2009 - 10:15pm / Post ID: #

Christian Marketing The Bible Revealed

I can understand why some Christians do this. They want to be in both worlds at once. Kids listen to Rap and Heavy Metal, yet most, if not all, songs in these music formats, are riddled with references to murder, rape, and other awful things, so why not create music in these formats that have a good message, like worshiping Jesus?
As far as a "fashion magazine" Bible. It depends. If it's just the design of the Bible that looks like a magazine, then that is fine, but if the text is changed as well, then I would have a problem with that.

> TOPIC: Christian Marketing

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,