Are Gays Taboo For You?

Are Gays Taboo You - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 17th Dec, 2008 - 5:38pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 8th Dec, 2008 - 7:27pm / Post ID: #

Are Gays Taboo For You?

Are Gays Taboo For You?

Is talking about, seeing or associating with Gays a Taboo subject for you?

Sponsored Links:
8th Dec, 2008 - 7:35pm / Post ID: #

You Taboo Gays Are

Not at all, in fact I have a couple of friends that are admittedly gay. What their preferences are in their personal lives is not as important for me as their friendship.

8th Dec, 2008 - 10:57pm / Post ID: #

Are Gays Taboo For You? Health & Special Psychology

So long as they keep to themselves it does not bother me but the whole cross dressing, Gay Pride Day and legislation for gay rights does bother me.

8th Dec, 2008 - 11:41pm / Post ID: #

You Taboo Gays Are

I have no problem with homosexuals as people.

I am fundamentally against their lifestyle choices and would not choose to support them in any way in the promotion of that lifestyle.

This does not preclude me from having a friendship with a person who is homosexual or working with one.

One can have friends and disagree with what they are doing. That is a part of maintaining relationships in this world, as we are going to have disagreements about some things, with even those we hold dear.

Reconcile Edited: dbackers on 9th Dec, 2008 - 12:04am

Post Date: 9th Dec, 2008 - 4:39pm / Post ID: #

Are Gays Taboo For You?
A Friend

You Taboo Gays Are

I have no problems with them. In fact many that I know know that I am not into that lifestyle and we get along great. We often tease each other and have a good time at it. I think that it is the person not the lifestyle that you make friends or associations with.

Post Date: 15th Dec, 2008 - 7:40pm / Post ID: #

Are Gays Taboo For You?
A Friend

Are Gays Taboo For You?

Are Gays Taboo For You?

Is talking about, seeing or associating with Gays a Taboo subject for you?

It depresses me that this is still an issue for some people. As the slogan goes: some people are gay-get over it. Its just a part of life. Keeping a gap man or gay woman at arms length because of their sexuality is...well its just silly. What do you think will happen if you associate with gay people? You'll get "gay" or something?

I noticed a few comments here along the lines of...I don't mind gay people BUT I don't like their lifestyle" which is something I just don't understand. What is a "gay lifestyle"? Do gay men and gay women have to sign up? I think it is part of a thinking process that puts gay people in a separate category from "normal people". As though gay men and gay women aren't "normal."

Live an let live I say. And, if I may be so bold, if your country hasn't changed its laws re gay civil partnerships its about time it did. What infuriates me is this assumption two men or two women who love each other can't have a state recognised partnership. Its unfair and harps back to ancient mentalities.

Well, it was good to get that off my chest...

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Dec, 2008 - 8:09pm / Post ID: #

Are Gays Taboo You

I sure do not agree with the lifestyle but it does not keep me from being nice or from being friends. Might mean my children and I have long hard discussions though about life choices. My oldest boys gags at the thought but still loves his gay uncle.

Post Date: 17th Dec, 2008 - 5:38pm / Post ID: #

Are Gays Taboo For You?
A Friend

Are Gays Taboo You Psychology Special & Health

I too will have to disagree with you on total acceptance. I do not feel that we should change our laws just to make the gay man or gay woman happy. We do accept them and how they live we just do not have to agree with it. That does not mean that we are going out of our way to bash them or put them down.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Are Gays Taboo For You?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,