29th Dec, 2007 - 1:22pm / Post ID: #

Couple Confess To Killing Family On Christmas Eve

From CNN:
Story Highlights

Woman, boyfriend each charged with six counts of aggravated first-degree murder

Victims include Michele Anderson's parents and brother and sister-in-law

Anderson's 6-year-old niece and 3-year-old nephew were also killed

Court documents: Joseph McEnroe shot the children in the head

SEATTLE, Washington (AP) -- After slaughtering their parents, Joseph McEnroe apologized to his girlfriend's young niece and nephew before shooting both in the head to end a Christmas Eve massacre, prosecutors alleged Friday.

But even as they filed aggravated first-degree murder charges against McEnroe and Michele Anderson, prosecutors could not say what might have driven the couple in the violent killing spree.

"In the end, what motive could you find that would make sense of the senseless slaying of the Anderson family?" King County Prosecutor Dan Satterberg said in announcing the charges.

Conviction on aggravated first-degree murder in Washington is punishable only by death or life in prison without possibility of parole, and Satterberg said he would give "serious consideration" to the death penalty. 

The full story which explains in detail how they killed each victim and possible reasons of why it happened are here--> https://www.cnn.com/2007/US/12/28/carnation...s.ap/index.html

I just don't see how a sane person can apologize and then shoot someone in the head?

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 17 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.7%

Sponsored Links:
29th Dec, 2007 - 9:52pm / Post ID: #

Eve Christmas Family Killing Confess Couple

That is just so terrible, even more so because of the slaughter of the whole family on Christmas eve-it's bad enough any time, but that is so wicked, I can't understand what would drive anybody to commit such an evil crime!

I wouldn't 'consider' the death penalty-it would be a definite if I were in charge of this case!

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

21st Jan, 2008 - 11:16pm / Post ID: #

Couple Confess To Killing Family On Christmas Eve History & Civil Business Politics

Can people be so full of darkness that they cannot even have just a little bit of empathy? Christmas Eve for crying out loud!

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

22nd Jan, 2008 - 3:50am / Post ID: #

I read the stories on this and it is pretty obvious that these 2 thought that they were the victims in all of this. They were the victim of the money issue with the brother that the parents didn't back up. That seemed to be a catalyst. It isn't said but I suspect that her choice of a boyfriend wasn't the one that the parents likely hoped for. Basically, I am sensing she disliked her parents for multiple reasons (like the money issue with the brother) and felt slighted within the family. She was asked to start paying rent to stay on the property. This likely was a effort from the parents to make her start planning and take her life and future seriously, but yet again she is the victim of the horrible request.

It seems like her boyfriend was of the same mentality, sympathetic ear and wanted to do something to help his girlfriend. Ironically, in some of the reports following their arrests...they say that they lost family too. Again...they are a victim...this crime has made them sad..."we lost parents too"...not that they dwell too much on the fact that they killed all of them. Even as they killed the children, they said they were sorry, but they killed them anyway because they were forced to because they were victims of all the family disputes.

And finally, they will be victims of the justice system. In their minds, it will be so unfair, again they will be victms...of course they will forget to think about the six lives the exterminated prematurely or they will think about it in a bizzare 3rd person type of way as though they had nothing to do with it.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

22nd Jan, 2008 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #

I don't think the death penalty can ever be acceptable. It is contradictory to kill someone as a punishment for them killing others; that makes the executioner/judge just as guilty as the person in question. The death penalty is inhumane, and unjustified whatever the situation.

Furthermore to this, if the criminals live in jail, there is a chance they could find faith in Christ, however if you kill them, you remove this opportunity from them, perhaps condemning them for eternity; noone wants that on their hands now do they?

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 1 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.1%

22nd Jan, 2008 - 9:30pm / Post ID: #

Couple Confess To Killing Family On Christmas Eve

People like this likely would have done the killing even with capital punishment as they are mentally ill. What they did was hideous and I do think they deserve to die but in fairness who would have to take the burden of this on?

Ponder what the British did with Australia a penal colony the tax system does not have to carry the burden for these extreme cases and the offenders get to live. Perhaps as Ace suggests even live to become saved.

So the UN takes a island that is unpopulated and let the world dump their refuse there. Give then some food and water enough for a week and let them live off the land for as long as they can or perish of their own accord. No one kills them and since they pretty much are sentanced to life we do not have to pay for them to have cable and weight rooms and three squares a day. All are better off and we are free of them.

Hope fully this would help slow down some crime in the process but I doubt it.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Jan, 2008 - 12:01pm / Post ID: #

Couple Confess Killing Family Christmas Eve

Well, technically, if you sentence them to death, they will be on death row for years as the appeals processes are automatic. This means they still have plenty of time to find Christ, should they desire. However, I have always found people "finding" Jesus while in jail rather troubling. I mean, if there were no consequences for the action that got them into jail, would they have ever found God? The sceptic in me doubts it!

I understand the concern for the executioner. However, jail is not the most humane thing and some might even equate being locked in a room with most freedoms restricted as torture, so does that make the prison guards...torturers? Were the jurors that helped give the guilty verdict cupable too? Shouldn't they have just said "we forgive you" instead of "guilty". Of course, let he his without sin cast the first stone...

I like the death sentence island idea, but that really is not a lot different than injection, hanging, shooting, gassing or electrically dispatching of criminals. I mean...someone has to fly the plane over the island and drop them off. Isn't that person really carrying out a death sentence? Just the death will occur a bit later...

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

23rd Jan, 2008 - 2:06pm / Post ID: #

Couple Confess Killing Family Christmas Eve Politics Business Civil & History

That is most likely the end result but at least they have a fighting chance vs a guard doing the dirty work. Though for those who believe in the bible they should have no issue as we were given the permission to take the life of the one who commits murder a long long time ago.

For me I am unsure how long I could live with myself knowing I injected the person who is still a father son and husband to some one. Dropping him off on the island would sure help ease that burden though you know the end result is 90% chance the same.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Couple Confess To Killing Family On Christmas Eve

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,