Best & Worst Of Man

Best Worst Man - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 5th Aug, 2010 - 10:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 28th Dec, 2008 - 11:06pm / Post ID: #

Best & Worst Of Man

Best & Worst Of Man

What are your thoughts about the following quote:

" At his best, man is the noblest of all animals; separated from law and justice he is the worst. "
-- Aristotle

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Jul, 2009 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #

Best & Worst Of Man
A Friend

Man Worst and Best

I think this is partially true. The first bit about being at his best he's the noblest is pretty good but they fail to mention how to get there. The second part about without law and justice he's the worst isn't quite true. If you live outside of those things you could still be one of the best just with a conscience instead of laws driving your actions.

Post Date: 14th Jul, 2009 - 3:34pm / Post ID: #

Best & Worst Of Man
A Friend

Best & Worst Of Man Health & Special Psychology

Why do we have laws? We did fine without a lot of laws in the past. We made laws because of some people who did not want to be good or well mannered in society. You look to any culture in time and you will see that there is one who thought the easy way of taking from another was the way to go. Every society had them and every society dealt with them. Wether from banishment to killing them or otherwise marking them.

It is said that man it at his best when he is following all laws and leads a good life by example. If that same man was in a place that had no laws I am sure he would still be the same person as is he now. No I do not agree with the statement as stated above.

14th Jul, 2009 - 5:56pm / Post ID: #

Man Worst and Best

I'd say man is civil with laws and without any laws he is like an animal. I don't think laws make men noble at all. I think laws just restrict the wanting for the animal in man to come out.

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2009 - 1:22am / Post ID: #

Best & Worst Of Man
A Friend

Man Worst and Best

Yup I totally agree. Laws are just a restriction and doesn't actually make someone "noble", just civilized. Also I don't think that we did well per say without laws. In the medieval times when there weren't laws for everyone that most people just knew were there look at all the killing and violence. We don't do well without civilization which is why without it it makes us much worse as human beings.

Post Date: 3rd Aug, 2010 - 10:25pm / Post ID: #

Best & Worst Of Man
A Friend

Best & Worst Of Man

I think that laws is good at all but we must to know that we speak in Human sciences so we cant say that man is good or man is bad but we can say that it depends in another hand laws sometimes good and also sometimes bad this is my opinion and thank you

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Aug, 2010 - 12:39am / Post ID: #

Best & Worst Man

I'm not sure I follow what you are saying with regards to the quote. For me the quote is simply stating that without a rule of law and a system of justice men in general become like animals out of control just doing what they want to.

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2010 - 10:29pm / Post ID: #

Best & Worst Of Man
A Friend

Best & Worst Man Psychology Special & Health

With laws or without laws men do as what is in their nature. It is not the law that decides, it is the man and his personality. A man who is kind and gentle is more likely to follow the laws or still be the same if there was no law. Just like the guys who feel they own the world will still act like lawless jerks whether there is a law preventing them from doing this or not.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Best & Worst Of Man

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,