Best & Worst Of Man - Page 2 of 2

The other day I was thinking how would people - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 9th Aug, 2010 - 1:14am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
6th Aug, 2010 - 5:06pm / Post ID: #

Best & Worst Of Man - Page 2

Brandon

international QUOTE
Best & Worst Of Man 

What are your thoughts about the following quote: 

" At his best, man is the noblest of all animals; separated from law and justice he is the worst. " 
-- Aristotle

It is quite interesting that a woman has not given her opinion on this thread until now. smile.gif

In my opinion, man at his best or not, have the potential to be the most noble of all creatures; but Aristotle might have the concept a bit reversed; for it is only when man is separated from law and justice that true nobility is tested and found. It takes a very rare man indeed to be noble at the best of times.

The whole concept is mind blowing. Law and justice is just a formal label of a base instinct that can manifest in different forms, I.e. Morals, principles, base value systems which are never really not present. When law and justice is not present, man falls back on morals, and when morals are not present, man falls back on principles or base value systems, and failing that, there is still his conscience.

Food for thought: To have law and justice, is to have leadership, law and justice cannot exist without some form of leadership, but leadership is always present whether consciously or sub consciously I.e. Put two people who have never met each other in a room, then after 2 minutes, walk into that room and ask a question that both are knowledgeable on without specifying who should answer, one will instinctively take the initiative to answer and one will instinctively express a laid back role. Presto! A leadership role has been formed.

Stephen King's 'THE STAND'
international QUOTE

The Human Race in a nutshell... 

Show me a man or woman alone, and I will show you a saint; 
Give me two and they will fall in love; 
Give me three and they will invent that charming thing we call 'society'; 
Give me four and they will build a pyramid; 
Give me five and they will make one an outcast; 
Give me six and they will re-invent prejudice; 
Give me seven and they will re-invent warfare in seven years. 

Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of his opposite number, and is always trying to get back home.

My mind is really spinning wheels on this! Great topic Brandon.

Sponsored Links:
9th Aug, 2010 - 1:14am / Post ID: #

Man Worst and Best

The other day I was thinking how would people react in case of a huge earthquake (the aftermath) you know, the lack of food, water, etc. They would turn like savages and there is when you will see the true colors!

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Best & Worst Of Man

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,