Police 'astounded' at increase in impaired charges in GTA

Police ' Astounded' Increase Impaired - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 6th Jan, 2009 - 4:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Canada, Canadian Related News
Post Date: 6th Jan, 2009 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

Canadian News

Over the holiday season drunk driving charges shot up in Toronto by 33 per cent over the previous year, while in Peel Region the number was up 47 per cent.
Source: CBC | Toronto News

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Jan, 2009 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

GTA charges impaired increase astounded Police

Why is there such a increase? IS it because they had more officers out or where more people than usual being stupid this year?

6th Jan, 2009 - 2:53pm / Post ID: #

Police 'astounded' at increase in impaired charges in GTA History & Civil Business Politics

Burrows also points out that during the 2008 RIDE program about 88,000 vehicles were stopped in Toronto, about 6,000 fewer than in 2007.

One possible explanation for the increase, according to Burrows, is that RIDE patrols focused more efforts on side streets and other non-traditional areas. Instead of putting spot checks on major routes, police concentrated instead on secondary roads that impaired drivers might use.

Me thinks the police just figured out that people use secondary roads in the past to avoid them. No more then last year just better placement and timing of the ride checks.

The fact that less cars were check and more drunks found proves it. I know in Collingwood if you drive from a bar they already have your plate recorded and you will be stopped on the way out of town or if seen on any side street in town. I think it is a great idea. Bars also can get taxi at a cheaper rate for customers out of town. In Oshawa I was in one place you had to hand over your keys to order even one drink. If the barkeep determined you had more then you should he got the kitchen helper to drive you home. More ideas like this need to be used along with educating the average Joe.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Post Date: 6th Jan, 2009 - 4:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

This is a reason that I like to stay home during the holidays. I like to be away from a lot of the idiots who think it is still ok to drink and drive. With me off the road that is one less car they will not hit. I already had one vehicle totalled out from a drunk driver.

6th Jan, 2009 - 4:20pm / Post ID: #

Yes it is far too common to have such things occur. I also try to stay off the paths.

I also ponder we had many people laid off in the south just before Christmas and many more who will be this week in various company from manufacturing to accountants. Perhaps some were drowning their sorrows as well.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

> TOPIC: Police 'astounded' at increase in impaired charges in GTA

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,