Mormon Snitch Or Informer - Page 3 of 3

I have been there Suzie, my suggestion is - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 12th Aug, 2009 - 12:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
11th Aug, 2009 - 11:45pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Snitch Or Informer - Page 3

Okay what about this situation I am personally seeing here in UT. Sister A is young and has a calling that deals with the youth (leadership) but she parties and drinks and behaves inappropriately (posing in sexually and compromise positions) and there is proof because she has pictures of herself in one of those networking sites you know what am I saying? But the catch is that her bishop and stake president also have her in their list of this networking site she aint hiding anything and they seem to know whats going on yet she still holds the calling....

Sister Z from same ward also has a calling not of leadership but she has similar pictures of herself drinking alcohol, posing in sexually and compromise positions and behaving inappropriately you know what am I saying? And the same leaders have her in their list of buddies on this site.

So in this case the leaders are aware of the whole thing....Am I supposed to just remain quiet as one of them lead the youth? What happens when the blind leads the blind according to Jesus you know what am I saying?

And please dont tell me anything about judging I aint thinking about that I'm thinking about the mockery the whole thing is...

Sponsored Links:
12th Aug, 2009 - 1:06am / Post ID: #

Informer Snitch Mormon

isn't our job to help them by encouraging them to talk to the bishop?

I agree with you that we should encourage them to see their bishop, The question was if we should go to the Bishop in there name. I think we should first approach the person we think is sinning before we ever approach the Bishop. Anytime someone may be in direct danger, or if there is exploitation of a child we are responsible in protecting them and may approach the authorities.

child or spouse abuse, I will report it immediately to local authorities AND Church authorities.

I agree with you on this particular case and in cases of serious sin.

SuzieSu,
My wife has hundreds of people she is familiar with on Facebook. Just because their names her friends list does not mean she monitors all that they post on the site (infact she pretty much only check about a dozen friends on a regular basis even though she has many more). You seem to have a lot of time on your hands to see what the people in your ward are doing.

It is also possible that if the social networking site is Facebook, that the Bishop or Stake President might have verified them as "friends" without actually ever checking on their particular sites and knowing what is on their site. They may be marking them as friends based strictly on the Eclesiastical relationship that they have with her. It is possible they may not even be aware of her actions. Having someone listed as your "buddy" on a social networking site is little indication that you are aware of their actions or their online activity. Most people do not have enough time to check everyone that is included in there friends list to see if they are acting appropriately (in the case of a Bishop, he may have several hundred "friends" on faced book just because he is a Bishop). I would hate to be judged because a particular "friend" on facebook posted something inappropriate. I do not have time to check each one out.

But if you think a member of the Melchesidec Priesthood who has stewardship over an entire ward or stake, is acting inappropriately, then it may be necessary to report their actions to a higher authority.

12th Aug, 2009 - 1:44am / Post ID: #

Mormon Snitch Or Informer Studies Doctrine Mormon

suziesu,

My question I guess is why do you want to say something? Is it a since of justice that you feel needs to be served? Or that someone is getting away with something that they should not? Or is it to help that individual to become a better person? I am interested in your reasoning for wanting to do something.
perhaps the Bishop is counseling her do you know for sure?

12th Aug, 2009 - 1:49am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Informer Snitch Mormon

QUOTE (dbackers @ 12-Aug 09, 1:06 AM)
You seem to have a lot of time on your hands to see what the people in your ward are doing.

I think thats an unfair remark you know what am I saying? Its not like I go and search for this stuff we have friends in common and the pics are displayed but thats not even the point dbackers you know what am I saying? I dont hate them or judge them you know but I dont know if I should approach them with these concerns because their parents are members etc and they aint hiding anything at the same time I dont feel okay with the idea of them teaching the youth....And yes I know all the talk about nobody is perfect you know and even though thats true doesnt mean we must now go and call them to lead...thats my view.

It is possible they may not even be aware of her actions.

Yeah but in this particular situation I know both of them are aware of these problems....

But I dont wanna go offtopic personally even though I know these things I feel like I should speak to my bishop about it you know what am I saying?

Isiah53 I aint sure to be honest its like a mix of wanting to see things right and finding out what the heck is going on because I CARE!

Reconcile Edited: SuzieSu on 12th Aug, 2009 - 1:52am

12th Aug, 2009 - 12:34pm / Post ID: #

Informer Snitch Mormon

I have been there Suzie, my suggestion is do not get involved. If the leaders are aware let them deal (or no deal) with those situations. I know it can be frustrating but trust me, it's the best approach.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Mormon Snitch Or Informer

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,