Mormon Snitch Or Informer - Page 2 of 3

QUOTE (Isiah53 @ 26-Jul 09, 12:23 - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 26th Jul, 2009 - 1:16am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
2nd Feb, 2009 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Snitch Or Informer - Page 2

What makes an informer such a bad word if he is just telling the truth? It's bad for the person caught. I believe that if people knew someone will inform leaders about their activities they'd be less likely to be in the wrong path.

Sponsored Links:
21st Jul, 2009 - 1:41am / Post ID: #

Informer Snitch Mormon

QUOTE (dbackers @ 8-Jan 09, 4:21 PM)
but otherwise it is none of your business, and you should leave it at that.

Confession is the responsibility of the sinner, and when they are ready they will go to the bishop.

Brother dbackers what about the love we should have for one another? Isn't our responsibility to help those who needs us? If our sister or brother is doing something wrong isn't our job to help them by encouraging them to talk to the bishop?

23rd Jul, 2009 - 1:39am / Post ID: #

Mormon Snitch Or Informer Studies Doctrine Mormon

What makes an informer such a bad word if he is just telling the truth? It's bad for the person caught. I believe that if people knew someone will inform leaders about their activities they'd be less likely to be in the wrong path.

Yes people may do less bad actions if people knew others would inform on them. But the question is do we want people to be in fear always looking behind their backs, and not trusting their brothers and sisters? Do we want people to be good by compelling them through fear? I think not. For some reason this does not feel Christ like to me. I guess what is the reason for informing? Is it to see another punished or get caught? Or is it to make them better. In reality going to your leaders for help should be done by the individual unless their is violence or harm to another. They should go when they are ready. All that we can do it support and hold them up until they are ready to do what is right. I just always question motives of those who snitch, when there is no violence or harm to another involved.

23rd Jul, 2009 - 2:10am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Informer Snitch Mormon

QUOTE (Isiah53 @ 23-Jul 09, 1:39 AM)
In reality going to your leaders for help should be done by the individual unless their is violence or harm to another.

Geez, so hurting themselves isnt a good reason for you to at least suggest the bishop to talk with the person in question without telling the whole story?

24th Jul, 2009 - 1:41am / Post ID: #

Informer Snitch Mormon

Geez, so hurting themselves isnt a good reason for you to at least suggest the bishop to talk with the person in question without telling the whole story?

I am not sure what you mean by "hurting themselves" are you talking physically,or that they are being hurt by another? If it is a physical life and death, then I think I would go to someone else other then my Bishop, because Bishops are not trained professionals. If you are referring to spiritual matters then it depends on the person, his/her situation, but generally as a rule I would say no, because in my expereince with such things people have to be willing to make a change, I would support them and maybe urge them, but I would not overstep my trust and confidentiality that they have in me. Most likely the Bishop has an idea anyway. People have to be 'ripe" in order to have their lives changed. All we can do is help ripen them. It is hard to generalize such situations to put a blanket statement on it.

24th Jul, 2009 - 1:34pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Snitch Or Informer

QUOTE (Isiah53 @ 24-Jul 09, 1:41 AM)
If you are referring to spiritual matters then it depends on the person, his/her situation, but generally as a rule I would say no, because in my expereince with such things people have to be willing to make a change, I would support them and maybe urge them, but I would not overstep my trust and confidentiality that they have in me. Most likely the Bishop has an idea anyway. People have to be 'ripe" in order to have their lives changed. All we can do is help ripen them. It is hard to generalize such situations to put a blanket statement on it.

I see...so what about if this friend is a Bishop? He is smoking, drinking and recently you discovered he is committing adultery, you fully know it....you would still think the same way?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Jul, 2009 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

Mormon Snitch Informer - Page 2

I see...so what about if this friend is a Bishop? He is smoking, drinking and recently you discovered he is committing adultery, you fully know it....you would still think the same way?

We can say what if all day long. I am not sure how this has escalated to a bishop. What if my friend was a general authority and so on. As I said each case obviously is different, but as a general rule, I would still stick to my guns. Adultery is different in that there is harm to another, by definition it is a form of violence. But even if he was a bishop I would urge him to do the right thing for himself and his ward. I do not think I would go busting down the Stake President's door. Being a Bishop I would hope that he had that spiritual maturity to do what was right at the very least to step down. I guess my question is why would you go tell your Bishop? Is there any satisfaction you get from it personally?

26th Jul, 2009 - 1:16am / Post ID: #

Mormon Snitch Informer Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

QUOTE (Isiah53 @ 26-Jul 09, 12:23 AM)
I guess my question is why would you go tell your Bishop?  Is there any satisfaction you get from it personally?

Satisfaction? dont be ridiculous. If I was in a situation like that I would try to encourage the person to talk to their bishop and if they dont do it and they're in a position of leadership that may cause harming others definetely I would speak up! I actually have BLOOD in my veins... rolleyes.gif

Reconcile Edited: SuzieSu on 26th Jul, 2009 - 1:17am

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Mormon Snitch Or Informer

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,