Should Our Secular Leaders Be Righteous ? - Page 2 of 2

My reply is in answer to the question of secular - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 27th May, 2010 - 7:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 23rd Mar, 2010 - 11:36am / Post ID: #

Should Our Secular Leaders Be Righteous ?
A Friend

Should Our Secular Leaders Be Righteous ? - Page 2

I didn't say that being righteous is exclusive. Of course, we should choose those leaders who are righteous in some degrees and has a good reputation. Prayer also should apply because the Spirit knows all things.

Sponsored Links:
26th May, 2010 - 6:52pm / Post ID: #

Righteous Leaders Secular Should

The original question has many implications. If they are not part of our religious beliefs then why should we hold them to it? Righteousness is defined by various religions and individuals. Politicians lie a lot, sometimes it is to protect the truth, is that righteous? Some say yes it is and some say no it isn't so the question is loaded.

Post Date: 27th May, 2010 - 10:12am / Post ID: #

Should Our Secular Leaders Be Righteous ?
A Friend

Should Our Secular Leaders Be Righteous ? Studies Doctrine Mormon

I understand what you've just have said, however, I think not all politicians lie a lot though we say most or many of them do. We can't judge them all because we do not know their hearts, only God knows. People in the world for example if there's a new president, most of us criticize them for what they did or judge them without any basis. But think of this, can we find a perfect politician? No, there is none. Even God doesn't require a perfect politician especially if they are not member, but He look at what they can do to us. Hope you got my point. If we keep on criticizing those politicians, and if I am the President, I would rest a while for one year and would say to the people "Ok, you rule the country, let's see what would happen in one year". I ask you, what would happen? Hope you got my point.

27th May, 2010 - 7:44pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Righteous Leaders Secular Should

My reply is in answer to the question of secular leaders being righteous. My answer is that it is open to debate because being righteous can mean so many different things to people. Will I like my leaders to have temple recommends - sure, should I expect them to - no.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Should Our Secular Leaders Be Righteous ?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,