Canada Defends Israel

Canada Defends Israel - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 7th Feb, 2009 - 5:07am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

17th Jan, 2009 - 6:56pm / Post ID: #

Canada Defends Israel

Canada Defends Israel

I thought it was surprising to see Canada make this bold stance when the US was not even willing to cast a vote on it. What is the consensus there over the Israel / Palestine Conflict?

Canada votes alone for Israel:

Canada stood alone before a United Nations human rights council yesterday, the only one among 47 nations to oppose a motion condemning the Israeli military offensive in Gaza. Ref. Source 7

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3220 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Jan, 2009 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

Canada Defends Israel
A Friend

Israel Defends Canada

I am sure there is a good reason that Canada stood up and supported Israel. I do not myself put all the blame on this conflict at the feet of Israel.

17th Jan, 2009 - 7:47pm / Post ID: #

Canada Defends Israel History & Civil Business Politics

Maybe the Canadians are getting tired as being looked on as too soft and an easy portal for terrorists to attack the US.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3220 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

6th Feb, 2009 - 9:12pm / Post ID: #

Israel Defends Canada

Perhaps that might be part of it JB. It might be a show of boldness also because we soon might have issues over the melting northern areas that we are going to have to fight over. So letting it be known we will stand for our beliefs is a good thing.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

6th Feb, 2009 - 9:27pm / Post ID: #

Israel Defends Canada

I never thought of Canadians as not having a strong point of view. They definitely are not as forward as their US counterparts. What is the Canadian Jewish population like?

7th Feb, 2009 - 4:31am / Post ID: #

Canada Defends Israel

To be honest I ever only lived an area once with any Jews in it and that was Toronto and I did not care for it. I found it very cold as an outsider looking in. It was an all Jewish neighbour hood rent was cheap and I was just starting out.

I think there is a strong feeling of ties to old country still though for them. Just based on what conversations I did mange after they seen I knew how to can and jar food. Might have been a bit of common ground to start a chat. I had long hair and smoked while drinking. Mind you even after that none just stopped to say hi.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Feb, 2009 - 4:55am / Post ID: #

Canada Defends Israel

Then is there a Jewish influence among the wealthy and in politics like the US? There is heavy Jewish influence in the political /social arena in Washington / New York / Maryland that influences the US, maybe it is true for Canada too?

7th Feb, 2009 - 5:07am / Post ID: #

Canada Defends Israel Politics Business Civil & History

Most certainly in some cities more then others. Federally any interest group can make their thoughts known and if you have money to back it it seems to get heard by more. Though nothing new in that with politics. In more major populated areas they tend to have more pull. Likely as they gather in groups and buy up entire areas.

> TOPIC: Canada Defends Israel

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,