4 Months, 3 Weeks And 2 Days

4 Months 3 Weeks 2 Days - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 29th Jan, 2009 - 1:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Movie about abortion
Post Date: 29th Jan, 2009 - 1:22pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

4 Months, 3 Weeks And 2 Days

4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days

Movie About Illegal Abortions in Romania Wins BBC World Cinema Award

London, England (LifeNews.com) -- A Romanian abortion film that previously won the top award at the Cannes Film Festival has been named as the winner of the BBC4 World Cinema award. The movie "4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days," which offers a look at illegal abortions, collected another prize at BBC4's annual ceremony on Tuesday night. The movie examines the illegal abortions that were done in communist-era Romania when abortions were prohibited -- a topic frequently used as propaganda by abortion advocates to argue for legal abortions. Featuring Anamaria Marinca, it focuses on the "horrors" a student endures to help her friend have an abortion. It's named after the age of the baby killed in the illegal abortion. "Thank you very much for this award, it honors me greatly," director Cristian Mungiu said after receiving it. "[The] BBC is for me a symbol of quality, professionalism, tradition and equilibrium, therefore, I can not think of a better recommendation for those who haven't yet seen 4 Months 3 Weeks, 2 Days, to go and watch it, than a BBC award," he added.
Ref. Source 6

Sponsored Links:

> TOPIC: 4 Months, 3 Weeks And 2 Days

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,