A Jealous God

A Jealous God - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 11th Feb, 2009 - 8:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 30th Jan, 2009 - 4:45am / Post ID: #

A Jealous God

A Jealous God

If jealousy is considered a petty human emotion then why would God be jealous?

Sponsored Links:
30th Jan, 2009 - 9:11pm / Post ID: #

God Jealous A

I do not know if it petty but God is not unemotional. After all he loves and feels wronged when we disobey. We were made in his image so who ever said God does not have feelings?

It is what we do with our feelings that counts and how we resolve them. That is where biblical teaching come into play.

2nd Feb, 2009 - 10:50pm / Post ID: #

A Jealous God Revealed Bible The

"If jealousy is considered a petty human emotion then why would God be jealous?"

If you read Mousetrails-The First Holy War, you will find the answer to this question, but I'll fill you in.

Quoted from Mousetrails
God's sons took notice and the following verse says they took wives from the daughters of man.
"When men began to multiply on the earth, and had daughters born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were fair, and they took wives for themselves, as many as they wished. (Genesis 6:1)"

"There were GIANTS on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when THE SONS OF GOD HAD RELATIONS WITH THE DAUGHTERS OF MEN, WHO BORE CHILDREN TO THEM. (Genesis 6:4)"

No being known to man has ever interbred with the daughters of man, except a man. This makes the jealous God you question a male human being that is the grandfather of human children. So He was certainly capable of human jealousy.

Reconcile Edited: mousetrails on 2nd Feb, 2009 - 10:55pm

3rd Feb, 2009 - 3:01pm / Post ID: #

God Jealous A

SO you claim Angles are human in nature and I think that is mostly accepted that they are our spirits.

Is God just and angel with more power I am unsure on that one?

Also if they were just humans why would Giants be the off spring? That does not quiet line up sorry. They maybe in our linage which makes sense since we are made in Gods image.

3rd Feb, 2009 - 8:05pm / Post ID: #

God Jealous A

There are many basketball players that tower over my short stature. But after 4000 years, who knows how tall Goliath really was. As I tell the reader in Mousetrails, facts get exagerated in the re-telling. I doubt there was a man with paper, pen, and measuring tape at the battle.
Mousetrails.

Since my Sunday school days, I had always imagined this man to be a giant like the fabled Paul Bunyan. He wasn't really a giant, but I"m sure he must have looked like one to David. And there went out a man base born from the camp of the Philistines named Goliath, of Geth, whose height was six cubits and a span. (1 Kings 17:4) Six cubits and a span would be somewhere between nine and one half to eleven feet tall.

The book is in The Bible Revealed section if you would like to read it.

4th Feb, 2009 - 4:46pm / Post ID: #

A Jealous God

Yes have read it back a year or so ago. I agree the giant could just be 8 feet or 6and a half. Consider this though they were destroyed by Goad as an abomination and the souls turned to demons.

I assume that Adams children would have mated with them as well and were the marriages that were seen as unclean in Genesis.

Again all this is done as he was after our linage to be clean and untainted in his image.

Which again reaffirms God is different from the rest of the Angles and heavenly bodies.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Feb, 2009 - 6:59pm / Post ID: #

A Jealous God

If you saw your child calling someone else "daddy" or "mommy" as the case might be will you feel just a bit jealous?

11th Feb, 2009 - 8:45pm / Post ID: #

A Jealous God The Bible Revealed

That is a good point as most fathers would find that very difficult and very much could be part of the issue here.

> TOPIC: A Jealous God

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,