Best Movies About Autism

Best Movies Autism - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 12th Apr, 2012 - 10:44am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

1st Feb, 2009 - 11:17pm / Post ID: #

Best Movies About Autism

Best Movies About Autism

There are a couple of movies that I think really touch the subject of Autism really well. One of them is BenX and the other one I can't remember the name right now, however you can review BenX in the Movies Board.

Sponsored Links:
29th Dec, 2009 - 3:27am / Post ID: #

Autism Movies Best

I think the name of the other movie I missed above was "Thomas", it is about a child who is low functioning autistic. His parents manage to bring him out of his inner self using simple things.

One I just saw called "Adam" and reviewed here: Source 4 is about Asperger's Syndrome which is considered a high functioning within the autism umbrella.

25th Jul, 2010 - 3:07pm / Post ID: #

Best Movies About Autism Health & Special Psychology

Not specifically about Autism but related and inclusive Taare Zameen Par is a must watch and I have rated it as the best movie I have seen for 2010 but it is not a 2010 movie.

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2011 - 9:35pm / Post ID: #

Autism Movies Best

Name: Amoy

Comments: There are several movies that is quite good.

Rain Man
Temple Grandin Movie
House of Cards
Miracle Run
I am Sam
I am Khan (Indian Movie)

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2011 - 10:51pm / Post ID: #

Autism Movies Best

Name: Amoy

Comments: if I had to choose. It would be The Temple Grandin Movie. Its the true story of Temple and her struggle in high school/university. Her parents struggle to get her into. She see life as another being opened to another opportunity. Fantastic story. Nominated 15 times at the academy and won seven awards.

6th Apr, 2011 - 11:08pm / Post ID: #

Best Movies About Autism

I can only think of one movie I have watched where Autism plays a major role in the movie. That is "Chocolate", a Thai martial arts movie where the main character is autistic.

I loved the movie, but then I like Thai martial arts movies. I thought it did a great job of showing some of the trials autism brings. But then, I have no direct experience with autism, so take my opinion for what it is worth.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Mar, 2012 - 1:37am / Post ID: #

Best Movies Autism

Add to this list "Ocean Heaven" starring Jet Li oddly enough but there are no martial arts here just a candid look at the life of a widowed parent trying to prepare his autistic son for life without him.

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2012 - 10:44am / Post ID: #

Best Movies Autism Psychology Special & Health

Name: IndianChimpanzee

Title: Halloween

Comments: Does anyone else think Michael Myers in the Rob Zombie film Halloween has Aspergers? I think he could either be a psychopath or has Aspergers. As per the story after committing some murders at 10 he refuses to speak for 17 years. He grows up to a 7 foot giant who sees to see his sister and murders anyone who comes in his way. In the earlier part of film I do not think he is completely without remorse or empathy. But he definitely has some emotional dysfunctions. He definitely cares for his baby sister though he is shown killing animals a part of McDonalds triads of psychopathy. He gets bullied at school and reacts badly (with murders) when angered. Does anyone think he may be having Aspergers? I have seen the movie it is not mentioned in it (he is under child psychologist in this). I searched Google but could not find any others speculating the same thing. Wikipedia page on movie says about psychopathic tendencies. Well it is quite a gore movie and so I do not think most people will get interested in that. I myself am a bit autistic. Any suggestions see for more on the movie

> TOPIC: Best Movies About Autism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,