Do They Actually Read Bills?

Do Read Bills - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 17th Mar, 2009 - 6:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

USA Congress
14th Feb, 2009 - 6:59pm / Post ID: #

When a six hundred page bill is brought before you and you are told that a vote is needed on it by the end of the day... Does each voting participant in the US Senate / Congress actually CAREFULLY read each bill? I'm sure the answer is "no", doesn't that make you worried as a US Citizen?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
17th Mar, 2009 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

Bills Read They Do

That is scary JB and likely why so many small strange laws get passed. I am sure this government is not alone in such underhanded tactics.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

17th Mar, 2009 - 5:43pm / Post ID: #

Do They Actually Read Bills? History & Civil Business Politics

Yes, so essentially the people who make laws are really in fact the people who type up that stack of papers, so they could probably award themselves millions and it would be law!

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

17th Mar, 2009 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

Bills Read They Do

I am unsure on themselves but special interest groups that might support their political views would definitely be placed in there I am sure.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

> TOPIC: Do They Actually Read Bills?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,