Chimp Rampage Leads To 911 Call - Page 2 of 3

Some are saying the State should be liable - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 17th Mar, 2009 - 8:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 

?
Poll: Can chimpanzees be good pets?
  Yes       0.00%
  Depends on owner       40.00%
  No       60.00%
Total Votes: 5
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 

Video
3rd Mar, 2009 - 12:55am / Post ID: #

Chimp Rampage Leads To 911 Call - Page 2

I often see people say in the media "They're so cute", "Ohhh, I want one..." and "Aren't they adorable..." to be honest I do not see anything cute about these animals at all. Considering what they are capable of too reminds of an Egor with brute strength and little intelligence behind that strength.

Is this what they call cute? Give me a break.

Chimp Rampage Leads To 911 Call
Chimp Rampage Leads To 911 Call (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
3rd Mar, 2009 - 2:31am / Post ID: #

Call Leads Rampage Chimp

The woman that was attacked is in a induced coma and in critical condition. Doctors are deciding how to reconstruct her face. She is actually at the hospital that has done the only US face transpant (in Cleveland).

Twin Has Power to Decide for Chimp Attack Victim

NBCConnecticut.com
updated 8:45 a.m. ET March 2, 2009

The twin brother of the Stamford woman who was mauled by a 200-pound chimpanzee last week now has the power to make medical decisions for her and to sue on her behalf if the family chooses.

Michael Nash Tuesday was named temporary conservator of his sister, Charla Nash, 55, who was critically injured on Feb. 16 when a chimp owned by her friend, Sandra Herold of Stamford, attacked her.

Charla Nash remains in a medically induced coma and suffered devastating injuries during the 12-minute attack by the chimpanzee.

In the court order, Stamford Probate Judge Gerald M. Fox Jr. Said Nash was in grave condition at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio with serious injuries to her face, head and hands. The conservator is needed to make medical decisions after consulting with doctors, according to court papers.

Also in court papers, Michael Nash said the conservator status was needed to protect his sister's ability to recover damages in future litigation.

Neither he nor the family's attorney, Matthew Newman, would comment on whom they might sue.

"We're pursuing all potential legal avenues," Newman said.

Four teams of surgeons at Stamford Hospital operated on Nash for more than seven hours to stabilize her before she was transferred last week to the prestigious Cleveland Clinic, known for performing the country's first face transplant.

The family is gathering photos of Nash to send to the Cleveland Clinic for possible reconstructive surgery, Capt. Richard Conklin said. Specifics on what kind of treatment Nash will receive have not been released.

Authorities have not said whether Herold will face criminal charges. Connecticut state law allowed her to own the chimp as a pet.

The animal had starred in TV commercials for Old Navy and Coca-Cola, made an appearance on the "Maury Povich Show" and took part in a television pilot.

On Tuesday, the U.S. House passed a bill, 323-95, to ban the transport of monkeys and apes across state lines for the purpose of selling them as pets. The measure now goes to the Senate for a vote.

My guess is that the family is going to go after the State of Connecticut in a lawsuit. They may throw the owner in as well, but she isnt worth much and it was the state that allowed her to keep this animal.

I think they are kind of cute, but then again, I think tigers, wolves, kangaroos, elephants and dinosaurs are cute too. I just wouldnt have one as a pet. Well, I cant have a dinosaur as a pet, but even if I could, I wouldnt want one. They would eat too much!

3rd Mar, 2009 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #

Chimp Rampage Leads To 911 Call UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I think they fall under the category it is s ugly that its cute. I like the personality they have but they are far to unstable for a pet. Most animals are because we expect them to behave according to our rules vs the one God and Nature have programmed them with for thousands of years to survive in the wild.

I hope the woman come through OK and heals well emotionally also.

5th Mar, 2009 - 6:41pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Call Leads Rampage Chimp

I think this lady will eventually die, the injuries are beyond comprehension. sad.gif

NEW HAVEN, Conn. -  A Connecticut woman mauled by a chimpanzee two weeks ago lost her hands, nose, lips and eyelids and may be blind and suffering brain damage, and hospital officials say it's still unclear if her condition can improve at all.

The Cleveland Clinic, revealing the specific injuries Wednesday for the first time, told The Associated Press in a statement that 55-year-old Charla Nash also lost the bone structure in her face when she was attacked on Feb. 16 in Stamford, Conn.

Her wounds have been stabilized, but "critical issues still remain related to a significant traumatic brain injury and injuries to her eyes that threaten her vision," the hospital said....

5th Mar, 2009 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

Call Leads Rampage Chimp

It does look rather grim I must admit. I hope she recovers.

17th Mar, 2009 - 7:57pm / Post ID: #

Chimp Rampage Leads To 911 Call

The family of of the woman who was mauled is suing the dead chimp's owner for US$50,000,000.00 - no joke. Did the owner even have 10% of that amount?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Mar, 2009 - 8:24pm / Post ID: #

Chimp Rampage Leads 911 Call - Page 2

That is a very high price but again what has occurred here can never be undone. I am sure they will get some sort of a cash settlement if any of it is left after court costs.

Would any of the home owners insurance cover this? make me think now would a person be wise to put third party liability insurance on a pet such as this.

17th Mar, 2009 - 8:55pm / Post ID: #

Chimp Rampage Leads 911 Call Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 2

Some are saying the State should be liable because the said chimp already attacked two people prior to this and so the chimp should have been removed.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Chimp Rampage Leads To 911 Call

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,