Do Houses Have An Expiry Date?

Do Houses Expiry Date - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 27th Feb, 2009 - 7:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 26th Feb, 2009 - 10:46pm / Post ID: #

Do houses have a life expectancy before they have to be demolished?

Sponsored Links:
27th Feb, 2009 - 3:53am / Post ID: #

Date Expiry Have Houses Do

Any structure has an expiry date but through constant maintenance you can extend the expiry date of a home. That's what is called "renovation". Sometime renovating can be more costly that building the house from scratch.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 100 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 10%

27th Feb, 2009 - 3:04pm / Post ID: #

Do Houses Have An Expiry Date? History & Civil Business Politics

Look at some of those Roman and Greek buildings. They have survived many years, not totally intact but I guess if they had some maintenance you might be able to see how they originally looked. I think the Egyptian pyramids are some of the longest lasting real estate ever.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 18 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.8%

27th Feb, 2009 - 4:14pm / Post ID: #

I was told by builders that the maximum time a new house to day is 25 years by then it is expected urban sprawl will have it torn down and apartment put in the place of homes. The average new home life is 10 years at which point you replace every window and door and then start on the furnace and A/C unit. Once that is done you likely are fining basement leaks and foundation issue to deal with. So a very short life span.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Post Date: 27th Feb, 2009 - 7:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The house I am currently in was built in 1952. I have yet to replace any windows or doors. I have had to replace a A/C unit a couple years ago. The furnace was replaced in 2004 right before we moved in. The house is in very good shape. I plan to keep it that way. I would say that my house will last another good 20 years as it is right now.

> TOPIC: Do Houses Have An Expiry Date?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,