Jungle Survival

Jungle Survival - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 16th Nov, 2007 - 6:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Trees, Vines, Bush and a lot of Green
11th Nov, 2003 - 3:37pm / Post ID: #

Jungle Survival

Jungle Survival

This thread has been setup so members can discuss...

Probably the best place to be in a survival situation. Survival in forested areas..

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
26th Nov, 2003 - 4:17pm / Post ID: #

Survival Jungle

It's also one of the most dangerous, if you are talking about deep jungle and not just on the outskirts. There are many poisonous and deadly creatures -- snakes, spiders, wild animals, poisonous insects, malaria... The food might be good, but you might BE good food smile.gif

Roz

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 20th Dec, 2003 - 1:10am / Post ID: #

Jungle Survival
A Friend

Jungle Survival History & Civil Business Politics

yea, but theres plenty of food, water, wood, rope/vines, etc. everything u need so you can survive well. all you need to do is learn to fight.

1st Jan, 2004 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

Survival Jungle

Fight and protect yourself, your skin, etc. from the lil biting creatures. Shelter, food, fire, and water are supposed to be the things required for survival (not in that order). Probably all those can be found or made in the Jungle.

Roz

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2004 - 7:48pm / Post ID: #

Jungle Survival
A Friend

Survival Jungle

Hmmm. When I signed on, I had hoped for a little more in-depth material and/or discussion. Let's see if I can get the ball rolling...

Survival Tips
Sleeping: When possible, you should sleep off the ground, preferably in a hammock or some similar arrangement. All kinds of creepy-crawlies (from spiders and snakes to leeches) will happily share your body heat, given the opportunity. While (with the exception of leeches), most will do no malicious harm to you (they're just looking for a comfy place to sleep), they may retaliate for a percieved attack (such as you rolling over onto them, or your panicked screams).

Water: Avoid drinking any unprepared water, no matter how inviting it looks. The natives, who grow up in this environment, are adapted to the bacteria and parasites that dwell within. You are not. To prepare water, add 5 drops of 2% tincture of iodine to a canteen and let sit for 30 minutes before drinking. If the water is cloudy or cold, use 10 drops. You can also boil water (10 minutes to be absolutely safe) or add purification tablets.

Finding water is deceptively easy. Animals may lead you to water, particularly at dusk. Birds circling overhead may also be an indicator of water. Many plants and vines are an excellent source of water, particularly vines with rough bark and shoots. If they give forth a milky substance when cut, stay away! It is often toxic! If the fluid runs clear, it is potable, but you may still wish to collect it into a container and prepare it.

12th Apr, 2004 - 7:48am / Post ID: #

Jungle Survival

I was just watching a BBC review on this same thing. Some of the things I learnt:

Malaria is one of the number one things to first consider - so make sure you have a way of not being bitten by mosquitoes, especially while sleeping.

Sleep off the ground so wild animals and snakes cannot get into your sack, this may require a hammock.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Jun, 2005 - 3:35am / Post ID: #

Jungle Survival
A Friend

Jungle Survival

I think if I had to be deserted anywhere on earth I would definitely choose the jungle because in the jungle you could build a boat just like Tom Hanks did in castaway. But you also have a much better chance of being poisoned/killed by the weird creatures that are in there. undecided.gif

Post Date: 16th Nov, 2007 - 6:41pm / Post ID: #

Jungle Survival
A Friend

Jungle Survival Politics Business Civil & History

This is a big topic. Assuming that there's no one trying to kill you and you're not trying to kill anyone, jungle survival becomes easier but not easy.

First and foremost, water! Get as much as you can, collecting condensation eliminates the need to purify the water. Use this at night and collect in in the morning. You'll need more water throughout the day and can obtain it from plants or fresh water sources. If the water is clear, just purify it. If the water is muddy, you will need to dig a hole near the water source and let the hole fill with clear water then purify it.

Next is food, not really a problem but don't get more then you will eat, it will spoil quickly.

What to wear: loose fitting, quick drying clothing and footwear would be wise. The heat sucks, but wear something with sleeves as it protects against scratches. Make sure to have at least two sets of clothing, one to be kept dry and worn only at night. It may sound strange, but loose the underwear. Wear a strap of cloth around your leg above the knee to keep leeches from unpleasant areas. For me, mud seemed to keep the mosquitoes off me but that move was made in desperation.

Navigation: Follow terrain features or game trails. To find a game trail you must focus on nothing and look to the horizon (I know you can't see it), it will be easily seen with this method. Compasses are useful for general heading, but don't become a slave to the needle as you'll get lost.

Sleeping: Anywhere, just make sure you have a mosquito net. Make sure you sleep in your dry cleanish clothing, and wear your dirty and possibly wet clothing in the morning.

*Note: Most of the jungle is cultivated or has some sort of infastructure, if you are lost look for these and follow them be they fields or power lines.

Wow, that was a bit of typing. There's more but these are the basics from what I remember.

I think if I had to be deserted anywhere on earth I would definitely choose the jungle because in the jungle you could build a boat just like Tom Hanks did in castaway

Why would you build a boat in the jungle?

Reconcile Edited: Secruss on 16th Nov, 2007 - 6:43pm

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Jungle Survival

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,