Mormons & Hooters - Page 4 of 5

Name: Mandy Country: Comments: Mormon men - Page 4 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 12th Jun, 2011 - 8:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2010 - 11:22pm / Post ID: #

Mormons & Hooters - Page 4

Name: Grace

Comments: Some of you sound desperate to be in Hooters even though it represents something other than just food and drink. I hope none of you are priesthood holders.

Sponsored Links:
28th Jan, 2010 - 6:16am / Post ID: #

Hooters and Mormons

Have not figured out what the hoopla is about Hooters. Have been there a couple of times. Must say I have seen a lot worse on the street, on the beach, in restaurants, where it was just "hanging out there" so to speak.

28th Jan, 2010 - 12:20pm / Post ID: #

Mormons & Hooters Studies Doctrine Mormon

international QUOTE (Robert9876 @ 28-Jan 10, 6:16 AM)
Must say I have seen a lot worse on the street, on the beach, in restaurants, where it was just "hanging out there" so to speak.

The beach explanation I read before on this thread is amusing sorry...Listen when you're in the beach it is expected that you see that 'cause people are...ummm...swimming? You know what am I saying? But when you go out to eat you're supposed to go there to eat not to see women in mini skirts and boobs coming out of their tops. rolleyes.gif Why would a priesthood holder choose to go there having so many restaurants around is quite ummm...Interesting Oh yes the food some of you said...Sure, the food. It's out of this world eh? *coughing*

Reconcile Edited: SuzieSu on 28th Jan, 2010 - 12:22pm

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2010 - 2:26pm / Post ID: #

Mormons & Hooters
A Friend

Page 4 Hooters and Mormons

I agree with Suzie. Seeing worse somewhere else is no excuse. Where I grew up in Germany, when you went to the pool/beach/whatever, depending on the area 10-30% of the women would be bathing topless or with less. Does that mean I can go to a topless bar since it's not worse than the streets? What the world around us does has no influence on what is OK for us as Saints of the Lord to do. If women want to prostitute themselves with their clothes, that is something we can't help. If I walk down the street I WILL see women do that. I don't have to look at it, condone it, or anything else. If I go to a business though that uses as it's marketing method half-naked women, that is an obvious choice that I made, a choice born out of my free agency. I CHOOSE to go to hooters, I CHOOSE to support a business model that exploits the daughters of Eve and the lusts of men. And I think that is the whole problem. We choose to support it financially, and condone it, and expose ourselves to low morals. We could go lots of other places, or even eat at home as a family! *gasp* As saints we ought to be examples to the world, not to follow them down the drain.

Rather off topic, but...
Going to the beach/swimming/the weather are no excuses to dress skimpy or immodest. We can always wear modest, garment appropriate clothing. Remember wetsuits or basketball shorts + shirt? We don't have to follow the world by wearing something that reveals more than our underwear to go swimming.

28th Jan, 2010 - 7:51pm / Post ID: #

Hooters and Mormons

Having been born and raised in Amsterdam, I think I understand and know a little about going to the beach and see topless women or nude people. As a result it has never upset me. You americans though go nuts over this as is evidenced by the visits to the red light district etc. That does not mean that my standards are any lower than yours. It just does not impact me as it seems to some of you. My wife is American and would not like to go to a Hooters restaurant and I respect that and her cultural up bringing. But don't get me wrong, we have no TV because of the content, the language, the violence, etc. But be also aware that your own dress standard today was totally immoral and would be severely criticized several hundred years ago, where the seeing of a woman's calf got all the men turn on. And condemned by the church. I guess we need to go back to prairie dresses, long pants, long sleeves, long one piece garments... My take, be sensible, err on the conservative side but don't flip out over it.

I sometimes wonder why Adam and Eve were placed naked in the garden. Why not have them make clothes made from leaves? Was it wrong for Heavenly Father to look at a naked Eve? Hm?

PS Hooters is not a topless bar. Nor are the women half naked. By the way, I have never eaten there either.

28th Jan, 2010 - 8:04pm / Post ID: #

Mormons & Hooters

international QUOTE (Robert9876)
You americans though go nuts over this as is evidenced by the visits to the red light district etc. That does not mean that my standards are any lower than yours.

I will like you to look at the flags of the last Posters before you, and not put everyone as representing one place.

international QUOTE
Was it wrong for Heavenly Father to look at a naked Eve? Hm?

What does that even have to do with this Topic? You are talking about Heavenly FATHER and His DAUGHTER Eve. Who said anything about being naked?

international QUOTE
Have been there a couple of times.

And then you say...

international QUOTE
By the way, I have never eaten there either.

So then why were you there?

All this reminds me about something called avoiding the APPEARANCE of evil, interesting isn't it, if something just seems to be evil then should be avoided even if it may not actually BE evil. Those are words of the wise they are not fool hearty ideals.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Feb, 2010 - 10:47am / Post ID: #

Mormons & Hooters - Page 4

Name: Chris

Comments: Honestly you go to the temple service baptisms endowment session, and after wards go into hooters. Tell me how you feel. Or if you really want to find out, you can take your scriptures in there laugh.gif and start reading. THAN TELL ME WHAT YOU FEEL. And really when the waitress comes by with your food are you not thinking inappropriate thoughts.

Post Date: 12th Jun, 2011 - 8:33pm / Post ID: #

Mormons & Hooters Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 4

Name: Mandy

Comments: Mormon men shouldn't even be debating this. We have to void even the appearance of evil. There are so many places that you can eat out you will select Hooters? Come on!

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Mormons & Hooters

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,